Slimfast

Options
Has anyone been religiously trying the 3-2-1 Slimfast diet? I am thinking about doing it, but I hear negative and positive commentary about the shake diet. Does anyone have any experience?

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i have tried it, but i just don't feel satisfied long enough to stick with it.
    the shake powder and bars taste pretty good, tho! i don't like the canned drinks....
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Well I use the meal bars everyday as my snacks and I use the shakes maybe once a week. It helps carry me over until lunch and dinner. I don't do the diet as it says on the 321 plan, but I love the bars and shakes. They help keep me on track instead of going to the vending machine or eating something too fattening.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the diet religiously, I just find it easier to do the powder with milk at lunch at work than doing anything else. Plus the snack bars basically taste like candy - so they work for any chocolate cravings I would normally have during snack time. It does have more sodium than I would like, but I can only eat so many vegetables in a day.

It has worked so far - 16 pounds in 7 weeks for me.
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tried it, and only survived about a week...but that's me. I tried it a few years ago, and I hated it, but I know that they have changed some of the snacks and meal bars so you have more options now.

I do still drink the shakes a few times a week. They are good for the mornings that I don't have time to fuss with trying to make a real meal.
  • sgriddler
    sgriddler Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem with that kinda of thing is, it doesn't teach you to eat better. I lost weight some years ago with slim fast products, put put it back again.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It may help you lose weight quickly if thats all your looking for but its not sustainable. you cant do that long term, atleast not if you want to be healthy. Plus those things are LOADED with sugar, I think they have 18 grams per serving. Any nutritionist would tell you to successfully lose weight you need to lower your sugar intake. You are better off counting calories and altering your eating habits. Thats something that will work in the long ter,
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 stone 10 years ago on the slimfast plan, but here i am again looking to lose 4 stone again. That said the shakes are good for getting my body used to eating less. I used them for a couple of weeks at the start of my current "lifestyle change" so to suppress my appetite, but i stopped using them because of the high sugar content.
  • kw2s
    kw2s Posts: 16
    Options
    I tried it but it made me crave sugar ):
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like the shakes -- particularly the coffee flavored ones -- in the morning as I'm running out the door on my way to class. It's something I can just grab that I feel good about. Never done the diet in full, though
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago and lost weight. But I put it back on.

I would recommend looking at their recipes though - I got some good ideas for nice meals from the slimfast website.

:smile:
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like to use meal replacement shakes as my breakfast or lunch (sometimes both) and they have really helped me. But the SlimFast brand of shakes and bars all have way high amounts of sugar in them. If you are interested in a shake plan, I would research other brands that are not so high in sugar.
    If you are interested in the brand that I use, send me a message. I don't want people to think I am advertising or anything.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there. well I have been on slimfast starting this april and the first month was good but then it slowed down so I joined the gym and my trainer said that I should leave that and eat normal food so what I did I mixed up normal and slimfast and at first it worked and lost 3lb but like when you try somethink new you lose some then it stops so what I have been doing is burning each day about 2 to 4000 cals but thats slowed down now so its back to 1 normal meal and 2 shakes a day and hope that this will get it going again but it will work
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I started out using slim fast and lost around 10 pounds, but got sick of it and just started to count calories.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I did it for 4 months and lost 20 pounds (it was when I first started losing weight). I'd have a shake or meal bar for breakfast and lunch, along with something 100 cals or less (yogurt or some pretzels), and then 3 100 snacks and a 500 cal dinner.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I never understood that diet. Just eat food.