Any one else PO'd at having to spend this much effort to fit

Options
chanceA
chanceA Posts: 14 Member
Probably not. I am not thin, but I am strong and healthy and do not look my age. Around the time I was born, my body type was THE type, small waisted, ample bosom, curvy hips. Now I am obese? Pfft. I hate having to pay this much attention to food and exercise when I would much rather be reading and researching and writing. Planned exercise for no other purpose than exercise screws my day up and ticks me off. So now I am pretty much po'd daily.

A. Chance

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Then don't do it? If you don't want to do anything you're just going to make yourself miserable if you force yourself. That being said, if you watch what you eat and exercise you WILL start to feel better and you will probably start to enjoy it.

It's your choice. No one is forcing you.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Ahaha.... you sound like me on PMS week :) I felt this way until I actually found an exercise I enjoy...
    Now I will plan everything else around it -- even dates and dinner! Nothing takes precedence over my zumba time anymore :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out. It's like free therapy.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I understand that it is waaaaaay harder getting it off than putting it back on. On the other hand, I may hate exercising all the time but I never feel bad after I do so. I usually feel great. You may want to do some soul searching and figure out what you really want. Good luck.
  • loseisthegoal4me
    Options
    Does the exercise really have no other purpose? While at first I did feel it was an effort to get to the gym - I am slowly getting to the point where I am PO'd when I don't go.

Can you read while on a bike or treadmill? I know you coudn't make notes - but you might could do a first look through and make mental notes as to whether it will be a good resource for you when you get back to researching.

Hope you find a way to not make yourself angry.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I hate planning meals and I hate trying to find time to exercise. However, I did all that anyway.. I am now 2 lbs away from my goal and have eased up on myself quite a bit. And I'm happier. I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I HATED it when I started -- all I saw is the work I was putting in and what I couldn't eat. Then I started to see the results -- my knees hurt less, my pants fit better, my wife likes my butt more, I'm not sucking wind when I walk the dogs. Now I feel guilty if I don't do it. I screwed up for a long time -- lots of beer, wings, second helpings, and being lazy. I had my fun. Now I'm finding that, with a little self control and attention paid to what I eat, I'm having fun that doesn't involve food. My life's better! Be as PO'ed as you want, but don't quit! The rewards are there!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    If you're miserable exercising and watching what you eat, then you'll sabotage yourself. Planning exercise shouldn't screw up your day, since it's already planned into your day. That being said, you sound like you aren't ready to commit to a huge lifestyle change. I saw your profile and that you're doing this to get pregnant. Perhaps if you aren't ready, you need to have an honest conversation with your husband. Going back to "drinking, smoking, and eating" once you have a child isn't a healthy lifestyle and isn't a good role model for a child.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I hate waking up from my old uncomfortable bed feeling aching and knowing I have to get my workout in. This is more the reason for me to go to the gym. I get there and as soon as I start working out I feel less stressed for the start of the day already. By the time I'm done I feel SO much better about myself. Exercise IS free therapy and I am PO'd at myself when I don't go. I still have a long way to go and a lot of improvements to make but exercise has definetly not been a waste of time. :wink:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    you have to be ready to do all of this - in your own mind. You dont have to conform to anyone's idea of what is ideal, or not - just your own. If this makes you mad - then step away - being happy is very important to having a healthy life. All true choices must come from within. The path we have chosen may not be the path for you. Good luck with your journey to happieness.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You can be curvy and obese, or curvy at a healthy weight. I know because I have been both. At my heaviest, I still had an hourglass type shape, but my weight wasn't healthy. Now, I still have the same shape, it's just overall smaller. If you're really curvy, you always will be!

I look at exercise as a given - something that everyone should be doing in some capacity. There used to be a time when folks got exercise just by doing their jobs, but many of us now have completely sedentary jobs. I'm not mad that I have to exercise, but I'm bummed that it has to happen in addition to working full-time and cooking almost every day.
  • flygirl818
    flygirl818 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you aren't ready, you need to have an honest conversation with your husband. Going back to "drinking, smoking, and eating" once you have a child isn't a healthy lifestyle and isn't a good role model for a child.

I'm thinking at 47, if they want to have children, there isn't any waiting around to be ready.... :-)
  • wan2b_fatfree
    Options
    If planning to workout and be organized for your lifestyle change "ticks you off", you are only enduring more stress which can stop weight loss. If you are NOT serious about being healthy and working it into your lifestyle, you are wasting your time... just to be frank because I know what it takes to drop the weight...being negative is def not it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I think finding something that is FUN to do would be a good idea. An outdoor activity maybe, something you wouldn't strictly consider planned exercise. We all make these decisions, you need to find the ones that piss you off the least that help you get the most.