Fatties in their 40's

Options
Looking for friends for inspiration. Need all the help i can get thankyou :)

Replies

• Carolsue73
    Carolsue73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We can definately do this. These 40s are a pain, but we gotta beat them before the 5-0!!
  • vee692014
    vee692014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi just started this week in most definitely in this category lol
    So here goes my name is Veena I'm 48 and about 3.7 stone overweight with quite a young family to contend with and work not so bad (self employed )
    But struggling already day 3 (not so great)
    Admittedly my birthday yesturday and did indulge in chocolate but not ridiculously
    Anyway would be nice to have some support
    Thanks
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for quite a few years. recently "restarted" and most of my friends are dormant. I refuse to go into 50 like this. Anyone feel free to add me. I try to be as motivating as possible!
  • k_e_l
    k_e_l Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 yr old fatty! I need motivation too. Add me if you'd like
  • 1878Stez1878
    1878Stez1878 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. I've been losing weight for the past 18 months. I was admittedly almost 20 stone after health issues. I have now lost 9 stone, but stuck now & the weight loss only seems to be slowly coming off :-(
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Lisa, age 47 and need to lose 60lbs. My starting weight yesterday was 218. I have several health ailments that make it hard to move but I'm not giving up this time!
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    44 and 500 days into my weight loss
  • darkeststar6373
    darkeststar6373 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 50 but I'm pretty sure I remember my 40s - I am new here and definitely want to lose weight. I have been stuck at this weight for several months. I'm digging in determined to get the ball rolling again.
  • darkeststar6373
    darkeststar6373 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Having health problems is hard - u can do it. I have to modify my program to accomidate my issues (all joints and getting over skin cancer)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and need to lose about 25 lbs to start out. I keep starting and stopping. I am determined to stick to it this time. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need more!
  • 1LonelyRose
    1LonelyRose Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 40, and since January 2017 I managed to lose exactly 40lbs through cardio and strength training Monday through Friday and keeping my caloric intake under 1600 most days. It's an uphill battle and I have about 60lbs to go. Trust me I feel your pain.
  • fspicer251
    fspicer251 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on my weight loss journey since a Feb 2016. I lost around 50lbs in a year. I have another 100 to loose. Not as much as I wanted but I'm still plugging along. I go down a bit then bounce up a tad and back down etc... I'm hear to help inspire everyone along with using that to keep me motivated. If you are looking to join a group check mine out. It's new. It's called Plus Size Individuals. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120571-plus-size-individuals
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    45 here, and a couple of months into round 3 here in MFP - 14 lb down, and still have about another 30 lb for ideal weight... Always welcome new friends who are in it to win it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    in my 40s,,, but no time for fat. kick butt time!
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and trying to lose the fat….
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 47 (almost 48) and determined this time around. I've "restarted" 75 days ago and have 44 pounds off with another 80+ to go
    Looking for all the help and motivation I can get. Also looking for new friends so please feel free to add me.
  • Kimmber45
    Kimmber45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm "almost"46 lol. I'm 1 week into mfp but started my journey last July. I weighed in at 317.8 and am now 271.6. I had a few minor set backs with serious health issues, but I'm hoping they're behind me. Been going strong since the first week of March and feel better than I have in a long time. Here to give and get motivation and support!