Does 1-2 kilos has a effect on physical apparance?

Options
Does 1-2 kilos real gain has a effect on physical appearance? I'm currently 68kg with a weight range of 68-70 if im over with that range I'll go cut again off. I'm curious if that 2 kg range real gain gotta be see on my waistline. I'm ok at 69-70 weight it looks normal for me.

Replies

• mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    losing weight makes more difference the lower bodyfat percentage you have. if you've 25% 1 kilo would not look as much different as someone cutting from 10% , but of course 2kilos can make huge difference, lose it, don't hesitate or think about it, try to look as best as you can :smile:
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    losing weight makes more difference the lower bodyfat percentage you have. if you've 25% 1 kilo would not look as much different as someone cutting from 10% , but of course 2kilos can make huge difference, lose it, don't hesitate or think about it, try to look as best as you can :smile:
    Thanks, as long as my clothes fit I would be happy :)

• Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh 69kg... gained back 3kg and it was noticeable to me, and to people I know. My pants don't fit right either. I don't think 1kg would be noticeable though.

It all depends on the person ... I gain my extra weight in the midsection and face - very visible.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Two kilos, yes, it really makes a difference; half a kilo, not much, and one kilo is a bit of difference.
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Two kilos, yes, it really makes a difference; half a kilo, not much, and one kilo is a bit of difference.
    Maybe I should Cut out again right?

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nobody can tell you, what you are happy to see in the mirror is entirely personal. If you like what you see, carry on but keep an eye on any further scale creep. If you're unhappy, do a small cut.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    It depends a little on your body. I'm 6'4 so 1-2 kilo's would not make a big difference for me in appearance though I am sure I could tell a little or through bf testing. Someone that is much shorter though may notice 1-2 kilos much more. It also depends on where your body stores fat. Some people, the first weight they gain goes straight to their waistline while others will store in more in the legs or upper body. Everyone is different so you have to find what your preference for what looks and feels best for you.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I agree it depends on the person. I've discovered that if I gain that much when I'm at the top of my goal maintenance range, it affects clothing fit through the midsection. Most people wouldn't notice since I just avoid my tighter clothes when that happens but if I were to wear the same clothes, they could tell. (I'm 5'7" and I definitely tend to gain first in the midsection.)
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I agree it depends on the person. I've discovered that if I gain that much when I'm at the top of my goal maintenance range, it affects clothing fit through the midsection. Most people wouldn't notice since I just avoid my tighter clothes when that happens but if I were to wear the same clothes, they could tell. (I'm 5'7" and I definitely tend to gain first in the midsection.)
    Well, thanks gotta find also where I gain first :) So far I love my look on the mirror, I don't if the scale will be on my favor :lol:

Nobody can tell you, what you are happy to see in the mirror is entirely personal. If you like what you see, carry on but keep an eye on any further scale creep. If you're unhappy, do a small cut.
    So far I still love my appearance on the mirror, I don't know if also the scale is on my favor.

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain in the face, so 2 kg might be noticeable on me. I'm at the top range of maintenance for me right now though.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If you are relatively lean10% or less for men 20% or less for women yes 1-2 kilos will have a visual impact. If you aren't lean I wouldn't worry about it.
  • ferd_ttp5
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    If you are relatively lean10% or less for men 20% or less for women yes 1-2 kilos will have a visual impact. If you aren't lean I wouldn't worry about it.
    I'm not that lean shreded muscle man, I still got a reasonable body fat but I'm not woried as long I'm exercising trying to be more healthy all is good for me :) I'm looking forward to recomposition after I graduate on college :)