Maybe this time..Need friends!!

Options
Hi I am trying again to get my house in order. I've tried my fitness pal many years ago and it was very successful as long as I was keeping track of what I ate. I had some friends on it but unfortunately they have all stopped using and I need to try again and build a new network.
I am 42 Live in Los Angeles, have two wonderful little boys and a full-time job. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. However last two years have been the worst. I have now hit weight higher than when I was nine months pregnant. Even though I walk 10 to 12,000 steps every day the exercise does not do anything for my weight. Going by past experience only way I succeed is by tracking everything. And the way to do it is to have a support network cheering you on Please help me by adding me as a friend and I will cheer you on too!!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never tried using mfp community and I'm not sure how to add friends from community via my iPhone app. if there is a MyFitnessPal iPhone app how to add friends for dummies please let me know. Also if there any sub groups such as people with lots to lose, walkers, working parents, women, just let me know. . I want to see my kids grow up I want them to see me healthy for a long time. Thanks

Replies

• Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. Sorry I can't help with the iphone question, but I can support and cheer you on on this journey. I am determined to do this this time around too.
    Question though..... with your iPhone app is there a drop down menu for you to go to your diary progress goals etc. There is on my Android phone app and as you scroll down there is a friends. I can go there and see my friends and there is a + in the top corner where I can send friend requests by putting in the user name from MFP (this was listed under email) I don't know if that is any help to you though
  • umstillt
    umstillt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I sent you a friend request! Hopefully we can help motivate each other along the way. :)
  • jEnN19999991
    jEnN19999991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sent a request
  • runsandkisses
    runsandkisses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think I sent you a friend request :-) I'm just learning all of this! But I'm a mommy in NYS and I'm definitely up for cheering each other on!
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Click on their name and then click on their image. You'll see a little add friend icon there. You can add me a f you want.
  • deedee954
    deedee954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I loved your post. I am in the same boat. I have tried a couple of times and fell off the wagon. I am trying to come back strong and aware. I am determined to see my waistline dwindle and I believe we can all motivate each other with positivity. I am currently the largest I have been in history and I yhink ot is because I am busy being everything for everyone except me!! I wish you well and hopefully we will have future success stories to share.