It works for my daughter: "Wanna be friends?"

Options
33 with 2 kids (and the broken-down body to show for it), a career in marketing & design, and an overdeveloped fondness for "nerd" tv. I used to be a gamer, but between kids and 50+ hours a week working, I can't commit to the time required to really get anywhere. TV waits for me.

I'm looking to lose nearly 100 lbs, and would love to pair or group up with some like-minded folks.

Ice breaker question: What do you think is the best super team on TV right now? I might have to say SHIELD myself but I could be convinced otherwise ;)

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    45, no kids, an unemployed freelance editor, fanfiction writer, and working on my first novel (YA speculative fiction). No TV, but watcher of Netflix (OUAT, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and once it comes out, Defenders. Also Dickensian and DS9).

Have lost 58 lbs out of a projected 124.

I was watching AoS until Netflix blocked my VPN unblocker. (Canadian Netflix doesn't carry it.) So, I guess I'll just list the Defenders for now.
  • bailey_yeg
    bailey_yeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am super pumped about Defenders! Still haven't managed to slog through Iron Fist, but I loved the previous 3 in the set.
  • MazzyToday
    MazzyToday Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 37, an editor, and a mom. I try to stick to 40 hours of work per week, but I have a 3-hour commute, so I don't get TV time either. Forty pounds into (god willing) a 100-pound loss.

My preschooler payted my tummy and said, "What made these rolls?" I told him, "You." Then, I felt like monster and said, "Cookies," because that is also true.

The best team is the Scooby gang on Buffy.

(Whisper: Buffy isn't on anymore, and they aren't superheroes.)

• MazzyToday
    MazzyToday Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @estherdragonbat what's your fandom, dare I ask?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    MazzyToday wrote: »
    @estherdragonbat what's your fandom, dare I ask?

These days, it's OUAT, Batman, Daredevil (mostly comics), with occasional forays into Dark is Rising, Tamora Pierce, and some one-offs in small fandoms for gift exchanges.