NSV - My Pay Off!

Options
SweetPandora
SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
I have been struggling for many months with my thyroid and gaining and losing the same 5 to 10 lbs over and over again.

I go through bouts of frustration and wanting to give up, terrible binges and the why me pity part but I always get back on track.

As they say - giving up is not an option.

I try to be supportive and encouraging to my MFP friends yet I am always so dreadful and hard on myself.

This week I have had two eye opening NSV. I am hoping that by writing them down and sharing them here the affirmation will sink in for me.

Yesterday I was at the Dr. for my annual physical, I received a glowing blood work report. My Dr. told me that my cholesterol readings are phenomenal. My good cholesterol reading is really high and my bad cholesterol reading is very very low almost non existant. Of all her patients she said she has never seen such a great reading.

My Dr. knows that my weight issues interfere with my quality of life, I smiled and said I've been telling you how well I eat and how much I exercise. The more we talked about my blood work the prouder I became of myself. I am struggling, like so many others and I get down about my progress on the scale or in the my clothes yet I forget about all the other health benefits I am reaping from my lifestyle.

A friend of mine keeps reminding me that I am probably so healthy on the inside and I retort that I want to look healthy on the outside. Yesterday I realized that like everything it starts on the inside from within so even though I may not be losing the inches or pounds that I want I am healthy and I shouldn't take it for granted. Good health is priceless and in the end that is what we are all striving for, the outside package is just the added bonus.

My second NSV came from my 13 year old daughter. The other night I was feeling a little snackish and went to the fridge, followed of course by my other family members who decided they could use a nibble as well. I was looking when my daughter handed me a yogurt with a cup of granola on top and said "here mom try this, it's small and it's just enough to satisfy you"! You could of knocked me over with a feather! She has been listening and watching! Most of all she is learning at a young age to make healthy choices!

So when you get frustrated with slow or no progress remember success is not just measured on the scale or with a tape measure.

Karen

Replies

• jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    Great post! I am also my own worst critic.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    That's a great post!!

BUMP!!:flowerforyou:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can relate! the same 10 pounds for nearly 10 years now...thyroid issues too....
    It's so great that your blood work gave you a definite sign that you are doing the right stuff!!
    keep up that awesomeness!!!! you inspire me!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Thats right, lady! It's so hard to apply all the things we say to our own self. thats because we have such high standards and work so darn hard we think we can't allow any slack to ourselves. We're human. And we are pretty healthy humans, aren't we?? It's so slow I forget all the things that are better and changed for me, and my family, now. Write them down! the list is long! Remember to talk to yourself the way you encourage everyone else. That's the hardest for me! Taking my own advice, because I expect too much from me! Time to get real and appreciate!

That girl is going to grow up and influence others.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Karen that was an awesome and inspiring post!!!!! Wow!! You are so right!! We forget that the inside of our bodies is what needs to be healthy, we get so hung up on our outside appearance!! Just for the record LADY!!!! YOUR outside appearance is very beautiful so you stop fretting about it, You look lovely always!!!! You have a WIN-WIN body going on there!!
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The recommendation from your daughter is SO awesome! You are teaching her such great things! so awesome!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Love this post.
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    Awesome post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!