5'2 getting fit!

Options
wasmithie
wasmithie Posts: 13 Member
I did a before and after for my fitness journey on a website (imgur) and a coworker found it on popsugar. That was pretty exciting and I was a bit excited about it. I thought i could share it on the boards here. :blush:

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Girl-Post-About-Going-From-Skinny-Fat-Fit-43494683?utm_campaign=desktop_share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fitsugar

u9sjf6h5vnjl.jpg
4fqj3tj0noy6.jpg

Replies

• PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Mind sharing what the before and after weights are?
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    U look great
  • Maejestique
    Maejestique Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! I'm 5'1 and 145 lbs now and my GW is 110 lbs.. how long it took to get the results?
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome results
  • 2catfeet
    2catfeet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also saw you on imgur! Good job :) I'm in a similar situation and found it inspiring
  • wasmithie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My initial results didn't come with calorie counting, and came with generalized behavioral changes and took about eight months. The difference in the first set of photos took about three-four months.
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow! Pretty amazing results. What kind of behavioral changes are you referring to? Exercising? Change of diet?
  • wasmithie
    Options
    Thank you!
    Both. I worked on my attitude towards food (sustaining the body vs comfort, entertainment). It struck me that I wanted 100% satisfaction from my meals (which is insane. I don't look for that from any other area of my life). I worked in better veggies (mine were bad) and really limited before bed snacking.

Exercise I added in strength training and cardiovascular training. I have health issues which didn't allow me to run, but after losing 30lbs + my joints were able to handle it and my doctor gave blessings. At that point I began actually counting calories and weighing food which really made my last efforts successful.
  • Jadeyy_xo
    Jadeyy_xo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wasmithie wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Both. I worked on my attitude towards food (sustaining the body vs comfort, entertainment). It struck me that I wanted 100% satisfaction from my meals (which is insane. I don't look for that from any other area of my life). I worked in better veggies (mine were bad) and really limited before bed snacking.

Exercise I added in strength training and cardiovascular training. I have health issues which didn't allow me to run, but after losing 30lbs + my joints were able to handle it and my doctor gave blessings. At that point I began actually counting calories and weighing food which really made my last efforts successful.

How many calories did you consume a day and what kind of exercises did you do, and did you do it everyday? I am the same height as you and I am aiming to also be around 105lbs!
  • wasmithie
    Options
    Towards the end I ate 1200 calories per day. I tend to overdo the protein because it keeps me satiated longer. I use a food scale to ensure calorie count.

I've been running (if you are working on it, don't try running too much at once because you'll get sidelined by an injury) at this point 2 miles every other day. On the opposing day I do Nerdfitness' strength training. (https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/). Then I do a day of rest once a week.

Of course, be kind to your body. Knee hurts, skip it. I tend to run at the end of the day, but I do strength training early so I can eat more protein afterwards. Hope I didn't make it too confusing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!