Options
Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
What have you found that's your new must have? I need something new!:tongue:

Replies

• Losing_It
    Options
    What have you found that's your new must have? I need something new!:tongue:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I found forell (sp?) pears--these itty bitty pears are about 6 bites each and are delicious!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This recipe for chicken tortilla wraps is awesome. I've been making them for lunch, and they have great crunch, with a little kick (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37795-chicken-tortilla-wraps).

Also, I always used to eat white bread, but Sara Lee 100% Whole Grain 45 Calories and Delightful bread is awesome, and has turned me around to brown bread.

Quaker Mini rice cakes come in a bunch of varieties and have been a great alternative to chips when I want something crunchy to snack on.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My new fav snack as of yesterday is:

A Trader Joe's brown rice cake
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    drizzle of honey.

YUM!

Might be a pregnancy thing though!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This recipe for chicken tortilla wraps is awesome. I've been making them for lunch, and they have great crunch, with a little kick (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37795-chicken-tortilla-wraps).

Also, I always used to eat white bread, but Sara Lee 100% Whole Grain 45 Calories and Delightful bread is awesome, and has turned me around to brown bread.

Quaker Mini rice cakes come in a bunch of varieties and have been a great alternative to chips when I want something crunchy to snack on.

Couldn't get the tortilla wrap link to show up... am I on drugs? :laugh:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Kellogg's fiber plus antioxidants chocolate chip chewy bar is a new favorite. It is like having a candy bar but only 120 calories and 9 grams of fiber. I am totally hooked.
  • crystalicfusion
    Options

1 tbsp peanut butter
    drizzle of honey.

YUM!

Add some slices of banana to it and I with you there:happy:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

1 tbsp peanut butter
    drizzle of honey.

YUM!

This is my favorite snack! I eat it all the time!
  • beagle595
    Options
    I am the same like am10484, The new Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars are great! Try the Dark Chocolate Almond also. I have one a day now. Very satisfying and healthy for you! 120 cal/5g fat/9g Fiber/2g protein. 35% of your daily fiber in one Bar.
    (I'm also hooked on White Cheddar Cheese Rice cakes... my evening snack with a cup of decaf Green Tea)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Couldn't get the tortilla wrap link to show up... am I on drugs? :laugh:

Only if I am too:laugh:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    A few:

1. Menudo
    2. Toast with cottage cheese
    3. Juice
    4. Salmon
    5. Green Chili with Pork Neck Bones (no starches added) over rice
    6. Subway Club (could do with less sodium, but a decent sandwich for the calories)
    7. Coffee... OK, that one isn't new.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Oh! I need to add one more... Vegetables. I love that i can eat so many of them with so few calories.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I have fallen deeply in falafel love. Low calorie, filling, lots of fiber and protein, and the mix to make them is so incredibly cheap I can't believe it. A 2 dollar tub makes 25 falafels!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Our Roasted Chickens. I strain hard to think of a better food in the world then a chicken roast that just came out of the oven (sans skin). Except maybe some fresh, New England Cod right off the boat broiled with a touch of butter/lemon pepper, garlic, and oregano. (we have a commercial dock right down the street and can get cod less then 4 hours old pretty much any day of the week)
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Our Roasted Chickens. I strain hard to think of a better food in the world then a chicken roast that just came out of the oven (sans skin). Except maybe some fresh, New England Cod right off the boat broiled with a touch of butter/lemon pepper, garlic, and oregano. (we have a commercial dock right down the street and can get cod less then 4 hours old pretty much any day of the week)

You made my mouth water...ya brat! You get all the good stuff...going to Jamica...New England Cod...!:grumble: :heart:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Kellogg's fiber plus antioxidants chocolate chip chewy bar is a new favorite. It is like having a candy bar but only 120 calories and 9 grams of fiber. I am totally hooked.

I will definitely pick these up this weekend!
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I have fallen deeply in falafel love. Low calorie, filling, lots of fiber and protein, and the mix to make them is so incredibly cheap I can't believe it. A 2 dollar tub makes 25 falafels!

I have no idea in the world what falafel is!!! Someone enlighten me!:laugh:
  • beagle595
    Options
    Some kind of bread? Pita? Falafel?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Falafel is basically chick peas, fava beans, onion, and spices ground into a paste. You then fry/bake the paste. Traditionally you serve it on middle eastern flatbread with lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce (tahini is ground up sesame seeds... kind of like peanut butter).

I tried making it on my own but without a food processor its difficult, so I opted to get mixes from the Lebanese store down the street from me (basically they do all the processing and mixing spices and then dry it out so you just add water). The mixes are all organic so there's nothing you wouldn't get if you made it yourself.

All I can say is... so so so so good. I usually fry them up with olive oil, and then have one on a whole wheat burger bun with some ketchup and tahini. I suppose I should bake them, but they always come out less crispy that way. It's a treat :)

Falafel.JPG
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Merita light wheat buns and boca burgers. lol no not as good as the real thing but still super yummy. Loaded down with tomato, onion, pickles, mustard a bit of ketchup and .5oz of fat free cheese. Great to have a "burger" with everyone. I even make butternut squash fries for the entire family as a side dish. :tongue: