Body lift surgery post-weight loss

Options
So I've been on this site for a while and have maintained a 120 weight loss for a few years. I have been looking into surgery for an upper body lift for now and wanted to connect with people who have gotten any excess skin removed for support and discussion about the experience. Please add me if you've gotten any body contouring surgical procedure post-weight loss!

Replies

• GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What is a body lift surgery? I'm not familiar with it.
  • Mama_vsg_Nessa
    Mama_vsg_Nessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Following
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just lift heavier! N watch your diet closer keep it clean as you can
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck after maintaining 80lbs down and a lifetime of obesity ll. Best decision ever. Recovery is tough, but doable (I have 3 kids with autism too) Just research your surgeon well and follow after care instructions. Stay in top of meds before pain (dont try and be a hero) and rest. Good luck with your choice.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    16 weeks ago I had a circumfrential body lift along with lipo after a 90lb weight loss. 3 words....BEST. DECISION. EVER. Recovery was not a cake walk, but not unmanagable, and I do still have pretty profound numbness across my abdomen. I rented a hospital bed, shower chair and walker (that was unnecessary) for 4 weeks, pre cooked and froze meals and arranged for a sister to stay with me for a couple of weeks. Make sure to take your time and research everything. Also interview as many surgeons as you can. Ask tons of questions, ask to see pictures of THEIR surgeries and ask to talk to former patients. My clothes fit totally differently and I love shopping now! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
  • iammichele
    iammichele Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had an arm lift for both arms last August, as my arms were left with terrible hanging skin after my 100 plus weight loss. I also had a tummy tuck last November as well. I agree with the above few posters and these surgeries were WONDERFUL decisions, so happy with the results of both. My surgeon removed over 2 pounds total from my flapping arms and nearly 8 pounds off my tummy. I feel and look fabulous in my own skin as well as clothing for the first time in my life. I also agree, the recoveries are not necessarily the easiest but they are manageable with good pre planning, and the ability to make sure that you rest and take care of yourself post op. I managed in my own bed but I did buy a potty lift (6 inch tall toilet seat riser) which helped so much for lowering myself on the toilet after my tummy tuck. A great web site for you to troll is www.realself.com as you are able to view other people's first hand experiences with any of these cosmetic surgeries, research doctors, see before after patience of people who's journey's you decide to follow, see reviews, etc. great tool for research!