recently vegan/vegetarian

Options
Hey guys! I recently made the change to vegitarian and am considering vegan. Any advice for protein,muscle growth fat loss and what I can and can't eat is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• vegandoenut
    vegandoenut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been vegan three years or so and I am happy to answer any questions you may have! :)

I stick to a high carb, low fat, whole foods plant based diet so lots of fruit and veggies, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds etc. If I include a wide variety of foods of all different colours I have no problem getting exactly what I need.

Your best bet for advice on muscle growth and fat loss is probably to check out 'Hench Herbivore' on YouTube. He's a vegan bodybuilder and is a powerhouse of knowledge on plant based nutrition. I've trained with him in the past and he's just brilliant!

Please feel free to add/message me if I can be of any help!

x
  • LaurenInLA
    LaurenInLA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 7 years and feel free to add or message me as well if you have any questions. I am a great follower of Dr. Michael Gregor, Dr. John McDougall and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. You might want to check out Rip Esselstyn (Doctor's son). He wrote Engine 2 Rescue and you can find him on Facebook. He has a 7 day rescue challenge that will introduce you to the lifestyle. He is a fireman and all of the Esselstyn children grew up as vegans and were high school and college athletes. Dr Neal Barnard also has a program for those embarking into the lifestyle and all of these resources are free.
  • sjuanita
    sjuanita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How did you get started as a vegetarian, would love advice and recipes