Rubbish workout

Options
Heya,

So today I did leg day, I did 4 sets of 8 squats, 3 sets of 24 lunges, leg curls and leg extensions at 3 sets of 12. I had zero energy, a massive headache and just couldn't be bothered. Because of this I did a fraction of what I'd normally do. The weights were lower, the tempo wasn't great.

What do you do to compensate for a rubbish workout, do you try again later if you feel up for it? Just leave it?

Replies

• RightTrackBaby
    RightTrackBaby Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I leave it. If I'm fatigued, it's a sign that I need a break. That might be the case for you, so I'd suggest taking it easy for a day or two. I think I saw a meme online that said "a bad workout is better than no workout", and in some cases that's true, but I'd rather regain energy than to waste what little energy I have on a crappy workout. That's just me, though. Everyone's different.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Leave it.

Everybody has a bad day once in awhile. Over the course of a lifetime it does not matter.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Heya,

So today I did leg day, I did 4 sets of 8 squats, 3 sets of 24 lunges, leg curls and leg extensions at 3 sets of 12. I had zero energy, a massive headache and just couldn't be bothered. Because of this I did a fraction of what I'd normally do. The weights were lower, the tempo wasn't great.

What do you do to compensate for a rubbish workout, do you try again later if you feel up for it? Just leave it?

Just leave it. It sounds like you need a deload cycle, which is effectively what you've done.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't compensate for it. Like others have said, when I have lower energy than usual, it's a signal that something is off. I might not have eaten or hydrated well, or not slept well, or maybe I've been working out too much, or I might be getting sick. I run, and all of those things have caused me to have really sluggish run days. Just see how you feel tomorrow.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    *Puppy* happens. Shrug it off and get back to it next leg day. If you're still feeling off next time, reevaluate your sleep, diet, stress, and exercise levels.
  • GHarbisher89
    GHarbisher89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I shall take the day off then. Thank you