Estimating Hockey Time

Options
Hey guys, I play ice hockey once a week. We play for 120 minutes, but we take shifts. So when adding my time to I try to estimate the amount of time I'm actually on the ice, or just use the 120 minutes?
Thanks

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Are the shifts pretty evenly spaced? How many different lines take a shift? If there are 3, I would just enter 40 minutes of playing time. 2? 60 minutes
  • Bamahuntin
    Bamahuntin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's just pick up, so we just roll the bench. Usually have 10-11 per team. I'll probably roll with 60 minutes. Thanks
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you're skating hard enough, you should be sucking wind even after hopping the boards. I think it kinda falls under interval training. Unless it's a really slow game playing dump and glide.
  • Bamahuntin
    Options
    Its a pretty competitive high level skate. Shifts are no more than a 2-3 minutes and in need of a shift change. I'll look at interval training. Thanks
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to get 20 min of ice time in a 90 min skate, but 10 per team is a pretty short bench (4) so maybe closer to 30-35 min.
  • Bamahuntin
    Options
    It's something I've never really tried to pay attention to. Now I'm curious.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It honestly just depends on how good and conditioned some of the guys you play with are too. A lot of the guys in the league I play in played D1 or Jr hockey. Some of those guys can be out there 5 minutes at a time where I might be able to get in 3.