Carbs

Options
heiddoon
heiddoon Posts: 1 Member
I have no idea how my carbs get so high! I'm at lunch and I'm already over but still have enough calories for a good dinner.
Now need to look for a carb free dinner

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having meat for dinner.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you're logging your food, you should be able to see the carbohydrate content of everything you're eating. If you truly want to reduce your carbohydrates, identify the foods that are putting you over and eat less of those.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above, a day here or there going over your carb goal isn't a big deal - provided you're not trying to do a keto diet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In the future, plan your meals around your protein. That helps.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    In the future, plan your meals around your protein. That helps.

This^

The protein first approach helps me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open up your diary, so we can look
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you're logging then you should be able to see pretty clearly where they are coming from...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    heiddoon wrote: »
    I have no idea how my carbs get so high! I'm at lunch and I'm already over but still have enough calories for a good dinner.
    Now need to look for a carb free dinner

Well, what's your carb goal? What did you eat for breakfast and lunch? How low are you on protein?

On the whole I think I wouldn't worry about hitting your macros exactly, especially if you just started. I'd look over your day at the end of it and see where you missed and think about changes you can make to come closer.

This, of course, assumes that you have a reason for focusing on those specific macros. You also may just want to experiment for a while and see where you naturally fall, if you are eating a nutritious diet, if you are hungry, etc.