Fave Low Cal Alcoholic Drinks?

Options
Hi Guys,

i'm sure there are heaps of other posts relating to this in the past, but i need some new ideas for low cal alcoholic drinks?

I know some of you might say "don't drink at all!"
I wish i could but thats just not me, everyones different! I love my red wine in winter, white wine in summer.. though the cals soon add up

On the weekend i had Abosulte vodka, with diet lemonade, freshly squeezed lemon juice with lots of ice
Was soo good and refreshing, i didn't feel crappy the next day or have a "sugar hangover"

I'm off to Bali in a week and there will be cocktails and beer everywhere (and who can resist when chilling at the pool bar!)

Any other suggestions for low cal drinks? Much appreciated! :D

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just went camping for 4 days and drank mikes hard LIGHT lemonades the whole time. 99-118 calories per bottle.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Most Vodka is around 64 calories per ounce. One shot is 128 calories.

I tend to drink my vodka straight, no chaser.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i prefer beer to the sweet stuff so MGD64 Lemonade=64 cals or Bud Light Lime thats either 112 or 116 cals
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I like:
    red wine
    lemon vodka with sparkling water
    light beer (or just beer, but not too much- as I live in Germany and light beer is practically unheard of)
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Diet rootbeer and vanilla smirnoff is pretty tasty...........I don't know the exact caloric content but I remember it being my college go-to drink because it wasn't as bad as the other stuff.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Stoli & Soda. Pretty lo cal for a drink.
    If you don't drink well booze (Absolut is fine too, etc.) you have way less of a chance of getting a hangover.
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    Skinny Girl Margaritas!!
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Hey coolmoongoddness.. whats in the skinny girl margaritas? :)
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    damn.. just realised is a pre-mixed, don't think we have those down under!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    ifeelsqueaky Posts: 193
    Options
    I tend to just have some kind of spirit with diet coke. I love Southern Comfort and Sailor Jerry's as they give the drink a nice fruity or vanilla-y taste. Vodka gets boring quite quickly!

There aren't really any good pre-mixed options in the UK either :grumble: I guess they reckon people who are drinking don't really care about the calories - I'm still annoyed that companies here don't have to show the calorie content of alcohol! :angry:
  • daniey89
    daniey89 Posts: 23
    Options
    My favourtie low cal drink is Vodka with diet lemon lime and bitters or Southern comfort with Diet Gingerale. Vodka and Ocean spray low cal cranberry juice is great aswell. Hope that this is helpful.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I drink cherry vodka with serria mist naturals -- or any kind of vodka and some kinda light juice like Minute Maid Light lemonade or Ocean Spray diet.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    MMmmmm some good options, making me thirsty! hehe

i like the sound of the diet cranberry, i love vodka with cranberry but the sugar is usually through the roof (and the diet stuff tastes really weird on its own!)
  • ifeelsqueaky
    ifeelsqueaky Posts: 193
    Options

Sounds lovely but we don't get powdered drink mix in this country either - unless I've missed out? Can you get powdered drink mixes in the UK anyone?
  • summergirlkav23
    Options
    I drink Voli vodka...

it has a lot less cals than other vodkas + electrolyes, which is a great bonus.

you can pretty much mix it with anything because there's a ton of really amazing and unique flavors.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Three Olives Berry or Cherry vodka with club soda.
  • Allistermark
    Options
    Bacardi White Rum and Coke Zero. Taste great less filling!!! I think it's around 64 Cals.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    yum, good post. Since losing weight, I am more social and need to know these things now. LOL
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you make wine spritzers (1 part wine to 1 part soda) then you can still drink wine but slow your rate of consumption (2 spritzers = 1 glass of wine). Alcohol is constant in how many calories it has per unit, it's just the mixers that are variable. One of my personal favorites is Sapphire gin and soda with fresh lime. I also like high quality bourbon on the rocks. Neither or those are really beach drinks however, which is why I think wine spritzers might be a good alternative.