Help me with high protien meal ideas

Options
I have been having a hard time getting enough protein in my diet, what good (not crazy high calorie) high protein foods (besides eggs) are your go to meals?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Fish, chicken, lean cuts of beef and pork, etc...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You don't say if you are a vegetarian, but meat/fish/seafood, dairy (esp. cottage cheese and greek yogurt) tend to provide a lot for low calories (well, with dairy it depends on full fat, low fat, or 0%, with meat, leaner will have more protein per calories). Other sources are beans and lentils, soybeans (tofu, tempeh, edamame), seitan, and to some extent nuts and seeds, grains, and various vegetables (some of them are pretty good with protein per calorie, but since you have to eat a lot to have many calories for me it's always more supplemental than a main source).
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Quark with a scoop of flavoured protein powder
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Love to eat chicken or tuna with spinach and egg (even though you said no egg) salad. I also enjoy cottage cheese often.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My answer to this question is always Cobb salad: Lettuce, tomato, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, slice of bacon, avocado and 1 oz of blue or other cheese. Modify to your liking. I use litehouse Greek yogurt ranch dressing or just a dribble of oil and vinegar. Tons of protein.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    chicken, shrimp, pork tenderloin

my quick go-to for low-carb day is a bag of microwaved riced cauliflower (about 8g carb and 8g protein), with some cream cheese mixed in and then 4-8oz shrimp or chicken (depending on how much protein I have left for the day). Shrimp is 23g protein for 4oz and chicken is about 19g p and 3g fat (ish)
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Plain fat free greek yogurt.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One small pork chop (approx 22 grams of protein and 180 calories) with roasted broccoli or other veggies.
    https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/connect/8c78c3bc-4647-4e20-96ee-17a2ad90728f/Pork_Lamb_Nutrition_Facts.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log your day around the protein.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers, I bought a package of frozen white meat turkey burgers to meal prep for lunch, so I make a turkey burger (no bun for me) with some vegetables and 1/2 a roasted sweet potato.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also if I make overnight oats for breakfast, I add in a scoop of protein powder.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Chicken wraps, ground chicken tacos, pork tacos, fish, steak, hard boiled eggs, etc.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Baked fish or chicken on a bed of lentils, chicken stir fry, meat or fish wraps (can use lettuce to reduce the cals), anything with shrimp (can be grilled, sauteed or boiled), soups and stews with lean ground beef, meatballs, or chicken/turkey breast.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    *Chicken is great and you can season it and make it so many different ways.
    *I make a burger (either out of lean beef or ground turkey), I form a hole in the middle. I cook the meat medium and then crack an egg in the middle of the hole and continue cooking. Cover with a slice of cheese if you'd like and cut into the burger with the egg oozing in the middle - it's delicious!
    *Form meatballs with your ground chicken, turkey or lean beef and add whatever sauce (I like either a little marinara or teriyaki)
    *Mini meatloaves - again using whatever ground meat you like and use a muffin/cupcake tin

Enjoy

• zaniazong
    zaniazong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Skyr vanilla yoghurt. No idea if you can get it where you are, but 100g has 8.8g of protein, 0.2g of fat, 3.3g of sugar and 53 calories. I buy it in big, 350g tubs so I'm getting 31g of protein with 186 calories
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My go to when I need to get more protein in is shrimp