Struggling :(

booblehm
booblehm Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys,

I'm finding it really difficult to stick to anything, does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    What is your goal? Lose weight, jus reduce the intake of calories,you consume.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    I found it really helpful to sit down and make a plan. Use MFP to set a reasonable calorie goal to achieve what you want to, and then figure out a meal plan which works for you and meets your calorie goal. It can take a lot of patience while you learn a new way of eating, but it's only in the beginning. It take 2-3 weeks to imprint a new set of habits, so patience is everything.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    I Set a few new rules for myself... start with easy things, like logging every meal.
    Once I have that going and I'm successful at that.. I add something new -

.. Weighing my breakfast.
    .. Weighing lunch.
    .. Reduce my dinner portions (still haven't gotten to weighing those yet...)
    .. Adjusting my lunch to fit my goals.
    .. Increase my distance when walking the dogs in the morning
    .. Short HIT workouts in the evening.
    .. Walking during lunch at work.
    .. Walking after work while waiting for daughter to finish swim.
    .. Increase duration of HIT workouts by 10%
    .. Keep a full water bottle at my desk instead of soda at all times
    .. Move my bedtime 15 minutes earlier to get better sleep.
    .. Reduce the sugar in my coffee by 1/2

Adding in small layer by layer allows me to not be so overwhelmed by the change .. and just changing one small thing at a time helps prevent me from looking it as arduous and a major chore.. it's just a little thing, after all. Once I'm really comfortable with doing that small thing, and it's just a part of my routine.. I know that I'm ready for another small change.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    What are you having problems with specifically?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    *Set small weekly goals. I find if I can see an end in sight, I more successful and over time it becomes more of a good habit. ex: goals-this week I will add a serving of fruits and veggies daily, drink more water, work out more, eat smaller portions, walk so much a day, etc. pick one or two per week.
    *Make small changes. You may be the type that needs to continue eating whatever you want but just cut back on the portion sizes, or if you drink soda - take one away a day. If you don't like working out - start at 15 minutes a day 3-4 times a week and work up from there.
    *Try new things. Food and activities. There are so many delicious healthy recipes online, try cooking, you never know you may find a new favorite healthy meal. Try activities, with so much out there you're bound to find something you like - my favorite is volleyball and I have found leagues in my area and open gym nights.

Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I feel like im literally just getting the hang of eating at my calorie goal and ive been at this about 6 week. Just this past week finally I have not been starving all day, or going over my calories. I needed some adjustments to what calories I should actually intake, and what foods kept me full. Finding what to eat and fiting it into my goals is 1000x easier already.