Need support in getting pregnancy ready

Options
tonicia
tonicia Posts: 145 Member
This is my third time on mfp. In 2012 I started at 180 and lost 30lbs.
Then at 210 ...you mean you have to maintain your lifestyle to keep the weight off?! ;)....I came back to mfp and didn't follow through. I'm currently about 200.
I got married in July and we are planning to start trying to get pregnant this fall. My job is to lose as much weight as I can until then. Most importantly to have a healthy body for pregnancy, but also for my self confidence. I want to be a mother so badly, but when it comes to getting my *kitten* in gear; I always seem to have other things to do that I put first.

I'm hoping to find others with similar goals to help me stay motivated. I'm located in Orange County, CA and would be great to find local someone's to work out with as well.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Come to my group... it's for women preparing to try for babies!
    We have a monthly spreadsheet and challenges (mostly self moderated) and we talk about all the ins and out, ups and downs of preparing as well as trying to conceive. It's a great little group :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111647-planning-for-pregnancy
  • tonicia
    Options
    Great! I just joined… Thank you!
  • kHanson95
    kHanson95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was about 160 pounds when I got pregnant at the end of 2015.

I had a super healthy pregnancy (like a "by the book" pregnancy), but I gained a lot of weight during it. I was 220 pounds at the end of the pregnancy, and now I'm 195 pounds and seem to have plateaued. :/

However, I gained so much because I didn't put any limits on my diet and I hardly exercised. I enjoyed walking and swimming, but it was hardly enough to make a difference. I DID make healthy eating choices when it came to snacks and meals, but the problem was that I ate every time that I was hungry and I ate until I was full.

The health of my pregnancy may have to do with my genes and age, though. So don't follow my pregnancy-diet lead even if you exercise a lot! Lol.

My point, though, is that you can have a pregnancy at 160 pounds and still have a healthy one. Eat right, drink a lot of water, and make exercise an important part of your life during your pregnancy. My biggest mistake was not discussing my diet and habits with a doctor while I was pregnant. If I could have been given a calorie limit with an exercise routine, I doubt that I would have gained so much.

Good luck, Dear! It is important to be at a healthy weight for your fetus, but you aren't doomed to be unhealthy just because you've got some weight on you. It's all about balance and healthy choices :)
  • tonicia
    Options
    Thanks! I sometimes feel like I'm already letting my future kids down by not buckling down and getting to it right now.