Month of May Meditating

Options
laryzzacardoza
laryzzacardoza Posts: 14 Member
Hey guys! So I just finished my semester at college & I took a meditation class for psychology! I thought it'd be cool to do a group to help encourage others to meditate & take time for themselves. Its so important to take time to self care, & it promotes the well being of each of us.
I challenge you to take sometime out the month to meditate in any way you feel best for you. Some I have done is yoga, sitting in silence & just focusing on your breathe, mindfulness meditation all together, which I'm going to focus on, I've done zen meditation, there's plenty.
My goal is to meditate at least four days out each week for at least 15-30 min.
What's your goals? Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask! I hope you guys enjoy ☺️

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can link to some recommended guidance for beginners.
  • dalizaxxvi
    dalizaxxvi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Calm" is a really great app for meditation. My current goal has been to use it everyday and so far I really love it.
  • mayloss
    mayloss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a great idea :) I'd love to join. I'll aim for 20 minutes 3 days a week
  • laryzzacardoza
    Options
    I don't have specific apps or anything but I will look them up! I am doing the mindful meditation that I just took a class on , where you focus being aware in the moment. What I do a lot is sit in silence & focus on my breathing. When my mind wanders I recognize my thoughts but then go back to focusing on breathing. I find it sometimes hard to stay awake with my eyes closed so I'll stare about two feet in front of me, or when I lay down I focus on the ceiling. You make be different. Make sure to find a position that is comfortable, have a straight posture too! Also as beginners start off with a smaller time. Set a timer on your phone or watch whatever you have, so you don't be thinking of the time . You can increase your time as you go. Another thing to take into mind is your mind WILL wander. Don't make judgements because you might be feeling like you can't do it. That's normal & it doesn't just happen. Just accept the thoughts & go back to focusing on what's in the moment, your breathe. I hope that gives you some kind of start. You can try yoga or try walking meditation. Walking meditation you take very slow, settle steps & pay attention to how your foot feels as it touches the ground. Make a walking path about 4-8 feet . As you walk one way, pause & turn slowly as you are walking, & continue the other way. When you get back to the other side pause & keep repeating that for however long you set your timer for.! Let me know your thoughts & how it goes if you choose to start!
  • laryzzacardoza
    Options
    Those are great goals guys! Keep me posted on how they're going ☺️