bikinis ahhhhhhhh

Options
so bikinis are quite terrifying and I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding wearing them confidently??

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Shop until you find the one you look beautiful in. Once you find it, buy it, no matter how much it is. I am pretty sure mine was over $100. But I feel awesome in it and haven't had to buy one for a very long time. For me, it was the absence of a biting waist band and the presence of underwire. Proper support and no muffin top really helped me feel good in it. Plus it has an adjustable flap/fold-over at the waist that I can choose how high it sits or how low depending on my level of bloat.

As is the same with your wardrobe, let the clothes do the work, and you just enjoy and look great :)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done, but you just have to like what you see in the mirror :) If you're not comfortable in a bikini, the easiest solution is to not wear one. If you're worried what other people think, don't be, because it only matters what YOU think. There is no such thing as the perfect bikini body, and to be honest, no one judges us as harshly as we judge ourselves.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Venus site
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Or a great surf shop
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    dcaby46 wrote: »
    so bikinis are quite terrifying and I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding wearing them confidently??

I think some people are just comfortable wearing them and some aren't. My wife is pretty lean and fit and isn't really comfortable wearing one and never has been even though she looks great in one. Whenever she is in one, it is visibly noticeable that she isn't comfortable and looks like she's trying to hide or something...
  • Ginger_Princess1
    Ginger_Princess1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Shop until you find the one you look beautiful in.

And if it doesn't look great, remember that there is something wrong with the BIKINI, not with you.
    I searched for nearly a year to find a two piece to wear on my first beach vacation and finally found one that looks really cute on me, even though I am not at my goal weight (to put it mildly ). Don't give up!

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't know how/why it happened, but I bought my very first one for my 39th birthday. I'm fit, so I looked good in it. I'm sure I would have looked good in one before, but I just didn't feel like baring my body to the world when I was younger. I was shy and I guess I cared what people thought.

Not sure why it took me 40 years to suddenly feel confident in a bikini, but all of a sudden, I turned 39 and felt OK with wearing one. With age comes confidence, maybe? Or maybe I've reached that point where I might look pretty good for a 25 year old, but I look amazing for a 40 year old, so why not flaunt it? Or maybe I just finally lost my give a damn... ;)

I personally wouldn't wear something if it made me feel self-conscious or uncomfortable. You don't HAVE to wear a bikini... B)
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Shop until you find the one you look beautiful in.

And if it doesn't look great, remember that there is something wrong with the BIKINI, not with you.
    I searched for nearly a year to find a two piece to wear on my first beach vacation and finally found one that looks really cute on me, even though I am not at my goal weight (to put it mildly ). Don't give up!

Exactly. I always hated bikinis because I have such a long torso so my stomach looks so...long. I hate it. So I bought a couple in the high waisted style from Wolf and Whistle (at ASOS) and I love them.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Shop until you find the one you look beautiful in. Once you find it, buy it, no matter how much it is. I am pretty sure mine was over $100. But I feel awesome in it and haven't had to buy one for a very long time. For me, it was the absence of a biting waist band and the presence of underwire. Proper support and no muffin top really helped me feel good in it. Plus it has an adjustable flap/fold-over at the waist that I can choose how high it sits or how low depending on my level of bloat.

As is the same with your wardrobe, let the clothes do the work, and you just enjoy and look great :)

Solid advice.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you doing something that requires a bikini or do you actually want to wear one?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    After finding the one you love wear it around the house. You will get use to seeing you in it and the feel of it, that will give you confidence.

Good posture is good to have too, practice walking tall and with confidence.
    If you wear it selfconciously people will notice you, if you wear it like you throw one on everyday of the week, no one notices.

Remember, everyone's tummy crunches up when they sit, and no one is perfect.

I started wearing one after a 40yr hiatus- I didn't give a thought to what others thought- I was happy.

Cheers, h.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Bikinis are not something that you have to wear. It is a personal choice. Some people like them, regardless of weight, some do not. If you are not comfortable in a bikini, why worry about it?