How long are you sore?

Options
2»

Replies

• thieambe
    thieambe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest five days a week right now or it's going to burn you out. When my husband and I started we did 5 lunges and could barely walk for days. It gets better, but it took us over a month to stop feeling as sore after the WODs.
  • thieambe
    thieambe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Studies have been shown with high interval training like CrossFit, that after 3 days of training your body is physically unable to give it your all. Serious fatigue. Many Hardcore CrossFitters go three days on, one off. It will wear you out if you're not careful. You want it to be fun :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    thieambe wrote: »
    Studies have been shown with high interval training like CrossFit, that after 3 days of training your body is physically unable to give it your all. Serious fatigue. Many Hardcore CrossFitters go three days on, one off. It will wear you out if you're not careful. You want it to be fun :)

I'm honestly fascinated that this has been studied! Do you know the name of the study or where I could find it? Have you seen it?

Let me know please. If you have it please link it.

Thanks!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm sore for 1-2 days. But I've been going to sauna a lot after my gym time. Hot sauna and then cold water pool. Not sure if its accountable for me not being sore lately.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    from leg day about 5 days, from the other body parts about 3. You get used to it, but I didn't ride the stationary bike when I got done doing my heavy squats so I'm more sore than normal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pothosgirl wrote: »
    I just started crossfit and plan on going mon thru Friday. I am very out of shape and did half the exercises of everyone else and it is difficult to walk. How long does it take for this feeling to subside?

DOMs will subside, but you may want to start a little slower than 5 days per week right out of the gate. Even if you're fit, rest and recovery are important.