Highly disappointed.. Feeling helpless!!!

Guys i need serious help...
Stats:
female
current weight: 155lbs
height: 5' 3''
goal weight: 120lbs

Its been 1.5months i have started this weight loss thingy for the first time in my life..
I am counting my calories(1200). sometimes i even take less than 1200. And i am drinking plenty of water. I did cut down huge amount of carb intake too.
I do exercise 4times a week(cardio, squats, dumbbells for arms). And 2days back i have started 15day fit body challenge exercise along with my regular ones..

I am seriously sick of seeing 155lbs on scale after doing what i am doing.
I need advice guys. If i am doing something wrong, please tell me where to correct.

My dairy is open.
Thanx :smile: :neutral:

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Something's not right, you should definitely have logged some losses by now. How certain are you of your calorie intake - are you truly logging everything? Are you using a food scale?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Buy a food scale. Start weighing all your food in grams and logging everything.

Why are your first two meals a day liquid?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Definitely an important question re: the food scale.

Also - are you eating back your exercise calories? And if so, how are you calculating them?

Exercise calories are very easy to over exaggerate - a machine might tell you you burned 300 calories when it was actually more like 150. That's why most people only eat back half their exercise calories. Could that be it?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Food scale for anything solid. Enter your own recipes. Using someone else's recipe and assuming their calories per serving = your calories per serving is asking for trouble.

Accuracy, honesty and patience are the 3 keys. Accuracy means correct entries, correct weights on food. Honesty means logging everything, every day. And patience because this takes time.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    switch up the cardio to HIIT training and go hard, throw in some intensity on the weights, eat fresher foods in your meals, drink more water, and get better rest. You haven't said much about that, but it's so necessary. You need it, let's get it!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    I see you are doing OMAD? The homemade entries in your diary puzzle me as well.

Food scale will be your best friend eating 1200 calories.

And what ever you do, make sure you net 1200 calories a day!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    You have coffee with milk and sugar many times in your diary. Have you actually weighed out the sugar and measured the coffee every time? 50 calories for that would mean a very small amount of sugar and a small amount of milk. My guess is that your calorie count is off for those entries.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    Something's not right, you should definitely have logged some losses by now. How certain are you of your calorie intake - are you truly logging everything? Are you using a food scale?

@brynnsmom Not using a food scale but definitely logging everything.. Am 90% sure about the calories i consume(coz of no food scale to measure exact weight)..
  • NoMoreAfatChick

@quiksylver296 sure, will buy a food scale asap.. i am following OMAD(One Meal A Day) diet where you can eat once in a day.. so usually i take coffee or tea twice other than my meal at night..
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    toxikon wrote: »
    Definitely an important question re: the food scale.

Also - are you eating back your exercise calories? And if so, how are you calculating them?

Exercise calories are very easy to over exaggerate - a machine might tell you you burned 300 calories when it was actually more like 150. That's why most people only eat back half their exercise calories. Could that be it?

@toxikon Nope, i don't eat my calories back... and i try to be under 1200 everyday..
  • quiksylver296

@quiksylver296 sure, will buy a food scale asap.. i am following OMAD(One Meal A Day) diet where you can eat once in a day.. so usually i take coffee or tea twice other than my meal at night..

Yay about the scale. As for the OMAD, different strokes for different folks, right? I would freak out and binge after about three days, I think.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    AliceDark wrote: »
    You have a lot of generic and homemade entries in your diary. Are you creating those homemade entries yourself, using the Recipe Builder? If not, I'll guarantee that they're not accurately reflecting what you're eating. Either start using the Recipe Builder or enter each individual food item as a separate entry (so instead of choosing an entry that says "Fast foods - Eggs, scrambled - 2 eggs", you need to enter the eggs and the butter or oil you use to cook them as individual items).

@AliceDark That could be one of the reasons.. Yes will definitely add individual food entries..
  • NoMoreAfatChick

Yay about the scale. As for the OMAD, different strokes for different folks, right? I would freak out and binge after about three days, I think.

@quiksylver296 haha right.. but i wanna give it a try and see how it works for me.. its just been a month and half(including a week of vacation where i ate everything i want).. so will change after 3months if it still wont work..
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

@RoxieDawn yea it is One Meal A Day diet... yes for food scale.. gonna buy it asap.. :)
  • quiksylver296

@RoxieDawn yea it is One Meal A Day diet... yes for food scale.. gonna buy it asap.. :)

You gotta come back and tell us what you find out, once you're using the scale!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    jemhh wrote: »
    You have coffee with milk and sugar many times in your diary. Have you actually weighed out the sugar and measured the coffee every time? 50 calories for that would mean a very small amount of sugar and a small amount of milk. My guess is that your calorie count is off for those entries.

@jemhh yea i usually take coffee or tea twice with little sugar and a splash of milk.. and yes i do enter those and are counted.. :(
  • NoMoreAfatChick

You gotta come back and tell us what you find out, once you're using the scale!

@quiksylver296 yes i am definitely... cannot carry these unwanted pounds anymore..