Calories in coffee?

Options
Melgal2
Melgal2 Posts: 16 Member
Heyyyy! Ok so i have googled and googled my little heart out, i cannot workout how many calories are in a cup of coffee, i have cut out everything else bar coffee.. just not ready for those kinda mornings yet haha! So if anyone could help me where to find this information or if anyone already knows i would really appreciate it x

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    not enough to worry about if you aren't adding anything to it. About 1 calorie per 8oz
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Plain black coffee? It's all over the MFP food entries. About 5 cals per 8 oz.
  • Melgal2
    Options
    Yea just plain black coffee, thanks heaps really appreciate it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Did you look in the MFP database?
    Why are you cutting so many things out?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging my plain black coffee. Only thing I log is if I put baileys in it on the weekend. I know I have 3-4 every day so max 20 cals, probably less.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Type this into your diary Coffee - Brewed from grounds . You can change the amounts of 1 cup to 2 or 3 or however many you drink in a day.

The above entry says 2 calories for 1 cup of black coffee. It should give you this option - 1 cup (8 fl oz)
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It's like 2 calories per 8 oz cup. You don't need to worry about it.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about logging coffee, 2-5 calories is not going to break your overall progress. If you have an additive like cream or sugar, then add those calories. It's basically hot flavored bean water like tea is hot flavored leaf water.
  • Melgal2
    Options
    Thanks guys! I drink so much of it that i was a little worried, google was telling me things from zero to 40 cals lol
  • Melgal2
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Did you look in the MFP database?
    Why are you cutting so many things out?

I mean the other drinks im a big coke drinker literally use to drink atleast 3L day
  • Melgal2
    Options
    Type this into your diary Coffee - Brewed from grounds . You can change the amounts of 1 cup to 2 or 3 or however many you drink in a day.

The above entry says 2 calories for 1 cup of black coffee. It should give you this option - 1 cup (8 fl oz)

Thanks heaps im still working out the app haha but that helped alot didnt know you could do that
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Probably burn as many calories making the coffee and pouring it into a cup and carrying it to the car as there are in it.