Pig out fix tommorow >_<

Options
2»

Replies

• ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    The first thing you should do is be ashamed of yourself for eating too much. Next, you should weigh yourself anyway. Maybe the shock of seeing a big number will knock some sense into you. After that, you should continue eating at whatever deficit you've been eating at. The whole purpose of eating at a deficit is to make up for overeating you've already done. It takes time and you can't make up for bad decisions by increasing your deficit without causing yourself problems.

this here is pretty harsh.. :(

OP, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Vacations are awesome breaks and even from dieting. Should enjoy yourself and if the 2000 calorie surplus over maintenance calories is indeed what you consumed, just create you .5 pound a week deficit (250 calories) and get back right into your normal eating patterns.

You may not have gained much if at all in 4 days and predict most of this will even back out in a few days.

Question is, did you enjoy your vacation? I hope so. :)
    I really enjoy it :D

• littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, Timothy took over the thread with his very bad answer. No shame in the game, Ferd, and jeez people (Timothy) have we ever heard of enjoying life? she was asking what she can do, which is like yeah, sure of course you can cut back and not go significantly over your recommended maintenance or deficit calories for a while.

IMO, I just think if you just try to get into an active lifestyle in one way or another- find something physical you like doing that you can do a little bit more of every day, you'll end up burning off any excess indulgences that are just a freaking part of living a lift you enjoy! Ok, so you might gain 10lbs from overindulging on vacation-THE HORROR!- do you need to be ashamed- hell NO! If it bothers you you'll care to find ways to work it off. If it bothers misc Timothies on MFP, who cares. If you want your body to look a certain way you have to work hard at it, but you don't need to take bad advice on MFP to be ashamed of liking food.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    All I did was answer the question honestly. It is the way that other people reacted that "took over the thread." If they had simply provided their own answers instead of judging me for mine then my answer would have been soon forgotten.