I am new as of last week also

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new as of last week also, and currently in a weight loss challenge.. I had a baby about a year ago and have been struggling with getting the weight off so I decided this would give me a kick in the butt... I would like to lose 19lbs and I started at 140 but it seems like the other women in the group are kicking my butt they are losing 6-8 lbs a week and here I am losing 4lbs... I have been eating healthier and working out hard! I don't know should up my workouts do I lower my calories am I not doing something right? This site has helped out alot I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that I am doing okay even if I am not losing as much as the other girls...

Lisa :)

Replies

• cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Everyone is different on how they lose weight. 4 lbs is a great loss!! You can do it! I'd love to add you as a friend for support!!
  • lisa8397
    lisa8397 Posts: 3
    Options
    I already accepted you and I know your right but sometimes (and I don't know if this ever happens to you) but my mind just plays tricks with me and I lose focus which is not the challenge or even what everyone is losing but feeling good about myself and hey your right 4lbs rocks lol!
  • jessileigh83
    Options
    4 pounds per week is awesome. The other girls that are losing 6-8 pounds are probably bigger than you and doing it in an unhealthy way. I'm "restarting" this week after being lazy and eating everything under the sun for the last 6 months, but I know the only thing that works for me is slow and steady. I can lose weight really fast on crazy diets but it comes right back on. If you want it to last, just keep focused on how you want to look and feel, and don't worry about the other girls in the group.
  • dascud
    dascud Posts: 9
    Options
    4lb is a great result - that is over a stone a month...... keep that up and you would probably vanish within a year.
    Seriously though - I would be well happy with that. Keep it up
  • lisa8397
    lisa8397 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys I feel so much better after reading all your support :)
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would be pumped to lose 4lbs a week. I just 1.3 and i am bummed, but i also know i ate like a pig this weekend :huh: But 4 lbs is a great loss every week and the girls who are losing are prob. bigger than you and evreybody is different and you have no idea how they could be doing it. But keep it up as 4 lbs is AWESOME WHOO HOO:happy: