Pop some tags

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
Do you guys go shopping in charity shops? Iv found some serious finds, labels still on them kinda *kitten* for like £1

I'm currently recreating my entire wardrobe from charity shop finds, you can tell they are new from the looks of them, the labels look brand-new and no bobbles from washing.

Did a big clear out, all my size 10 clothes I flung out. I'm now happy with the fact I'l never fit into those clothes in definitely a size 12-14 now, thighs are too big

Replies

• JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I shop at them for the one off items I might need that I know I'm only going to wear once at my current size. Moving down the scale, I get many things still with the store tags on for just a few dollars and turn them back in as they become too big for me.
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm notorious for finding great deals on second hand clothes. There's a closet full of dresses I spent no more than $5 each on as verification. I don't care about brands, just well made clothes. Best (yet frustrating) find was a pair of leggings that feel like butter, can be machine washed again and again yet hold up, and they're not see through at all... Only cost $2! I fell in love!!! Unfortunately, I want more, but after looking them up I doubt I'd ever spend that much on one pair of leggings... Just nope.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I used to when I was a teen to mid 20's. I loved vintage and and just odd pieces that I would incorporate into my wardrobe. I liked mixing old with new. I especially loved shopping at second hand stores when I traveled.

Now I am too lazy to pick through the racks...I shop online now for the most part. I absolutely do bargain shop tho, just from the comfort of home!

I still like unique pieces and old stuff, but I am more opportunistic and kinda rely on people offering it to me rather than seeking it out.
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They saved me a ton of money as sizes kept going down.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It's been a while, but there used to be a resale shop near my old house, and there was one particular woman who sold her clothing there, and most of it ended up in my closet. (You could tell it all came from the same person because of the code on the tag.) She was the same size as me, had really good taste, and took good care of her things. I'd go in there every other month or so, and almost without fail, come out with one or two of her things.

Whoever you are, lady, I miss you.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    90% of my clothes come from thrift stores. I find amazing stuff all the time. Last Saturday I headed over to my favorite store to do some dress shopping and IT WAS GONE. They always had the best stock and my heart is broken. I think it's my bad fashion karma for buying a few new things at H&M. I couldn't pass up the adorable palazzo pants... :/