A lineman's appetite

Options
How do you lose weight with a big appetite? I'm a 4'11'' 18 year old girl with the appetite of a lineman lol. I try to eat lots of protein and veggies but I can't stick to my deficit bc I'm so hungry 24/7

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can try to be more active or find workouts that don't leave you hungry.
    Also, your deficit may be too aggressive and you might need to set it to half a pound per week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how much are you eating?
  • FitLaughLove
    FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm at 130. Trying to stay between 1000 and 1200. However by the end of the day it's usually around 1500..
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    I think 1600 is close to maintenance for my size and activity level so I just need to find a way to stick to a better deficit than 1500
  • jemhh
    Options
    What kind of activity do you do and how much of it?
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. Spend around 20 minutes on either the elliptical or treadmill for cardio and another 20ish on the machines. Sometimes I'll try to add in a full body workout with a mixture of body weight and free weights. I'm also on my feet all day as a hairdresser so I get a good amount of steps in.
  • jemhh
    Options
    If 1600 is maintenance, try eating 1350.
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    Okay, how did you get that? If you don't mind me asking!
  • jemhh
    Options
    250 would be a half pound a week. At your size it is probably a good goal. I'd eat that with no exercise calories on top of it. Just 1350. It should be more sustainable.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old who's currently growing (maybe) I hope so :lol: I have also a big appetite like a growing teens. I just try to be more way active (I'm a college athlete so it's not a problem for me) find a good and enjoyable exercises or sports for you :)
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    Okay, thanks! Should I be focusing on more cardio? Or weights?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I find a combination of protein and fat to be most filling...make sure you have enough fat in your diet. Experiment with macros to find the combination that is most satiating for you. Also, pick veggies with lots of fiber and very little starch. So skip the potato and eat lots of green vegetables..you can eat a lot of volume without many calories if you do that.

Experiment with when you eat. If you find yourself eating at a certain time of day, try saving some of your calories so you can eat more then. For example, if evening is the problem, try eating a smaller lunch so you can have a bigger dinner, or a snack after dinner.

Drink plenty of water. Seriously, this helps. A lot of times people think they are hungry, but when they drink that solves the problem.

It just takes a little trial and error to find what works for you.