Fat female with PCOS seeking accountability buddies

Options
Hi all, I'm 24 and weigh 236lbs. I'd like to lose around 80lbs. I have PCOS, crave sugar like a crazy person and eat a LOT of carbs. I'm fairly active but my weight is taking its toll on my body. I recently sprained my ankle which I think was massively due to weight. I'm aiming for a steady weight loss with a calorie goal of around 1700 per day to start with. My average daily consumption pre diet was probably in excess of 3000 cals :s

Feel free to add me and we can support and motivate each other <3

Replies

• lene_lopez
    lene_lopez Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS too and struggle with losing weight. I am trying low carb / keto. I have lost 10 lbs so far, it's a slow process but worth a try.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What's PCOS?
  • PcosXiomara
    PcosXiomara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey loves! My name Xiomara I have PCOS, and my journey has been a emotional rollercoaster! It seems like that no matter what diet I try I Fail every time, until recently I've came to a realization that having PCOS is a struggling in itself! I've been on my cycle for 10months now and the cravings keep me hungry and depressed.... I asked for help but haven't received much! So, I started focusing on just eating healthier and finding healthy foods to replace the bad ones and I got rid of dairy for now! It has been GREAT I've only loss 5 lbs so far but honestly that was the kick start I needed!!! For motivation I just started vlogging my journey, the GOOD AND BAD! I hope you ladies have great success in your workout and weight loss journey! It's always nice to know your not alone fighting a battle
  • emilyrosefranc
    emilyrosefranc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What's PCOS?

polycystic ovary syndrome. It can cause weight gain, decrease insulin efficiency and lead to type 2 diabetes ( among other symptoms )
  • BonBon1985
    BonBon1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am here!!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have pcos ! Add me
    Started august 2016 with 115 lbs to loose.
    I am currently down -79 lbs only 36lbs to go
    Sw: 295.5
    CW: 216.5
    lol forgot to put GW: 180
  • FarmerTam
    FarmerTam Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 42 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was around your age, emilyrosefranc. My calorie intake obviously gets tracked through myfitnesspal, but calorie count is not my top priority. I am more concerned with *what* I'm eating that gets me those calories, and by doing that I'm finally seeing changes in my weight. I wish I'd known this stuff when I was your age, but better late than never! :smile: I will happily add you and we can keep each other motivated if you like.
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me! you can do this :)
  • itsme4444
    itsme4444 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and have PCOS. I've just started taking weight loss seriously again. I lost 40 pounds but then gained some back. I'm down about 25 at the moment. Would like to lose 50-75 more from where I am right now. I track every day and have an open diary. Add me if you like. :)
  • acuporeinbolt
    acuporeinbolt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic with PCOS, hypothyroidism, and lymphedema. I'm on the same journey to reclaim my health!
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, and have PCOS and MS. I asleep have about 80lbs to lose. As I type this I'm sitting in the parking lot at the gym, killing a few minutes before it's tinge to met my trainer... let's keep each other in line, ladies!
  • druidsapprentice
    druidsapprentice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey. Have PCOS and CMT. Losing weight a nightmare but getting there slowly. Found metforman meds really helped to kick start weight loss. Awful meds but I cycle them and each time I start I get a little nudge in right direction. But it's really tough. Happy if anyone wants to add me as friend. Would love to support others on their journey. I've limited mobility so really all I can focus on is diet..... and oh do I love my food! So yeah, struggle on ladies. We WILL get there!
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey. Have PCOS and CMT. Losing weight a nightmare but getting there slowly. Found metforman meds really helped to kick start weight loss. Awful meds but I cycle them and each time I start I get a little nudge in right direction. But it's really tough. Happy if anyone wants to add me as friend. Would love to support others on their journey. I've limited mobility so really all I can focus on is diet..... and oh do I love my food! So yeah, struggle on ladies. We WILL get there!

I tried Metformin awhile back and it caused some pretty awful gastro distress, plus I'd wake up in the middle of the night absolutely starving. I wound up stopping it because I just couldn't deal with being on the toilet all the time!
  • druidsapprentice
    druidsapprentice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's tough alright but because I'm not diabetic my doc said I can cycle. I take on empty stomach every 3rd night, then every 2nd, then swap one night for a morning with a bland meal. If you eat anything with fat it wrecks havoc but if you plan 4 weeks of boring but healthy food and build up- I found it really helps to kick start- more than just diet alone. Managed to get a normal (ish) cycle back after 10 years of nearly no cycle. Tough road though!!!! Totally know how you feel- it's a difficult med to manage.