Weight fluctuations

cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
I've gaine .5 pounds in a month is this maintance or should I lower my calorie or carb/sugar intake

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Do you see a consistent upward trend leaning towards a .5 lb gain or is that just the difference between today and 30 days ago?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Are you aiming to be in maintenance or lose?
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    I go up and down all the time in maintenance as log as i average the same weight over a month im not that bothered.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Then you're fine. You'll never be the same weight every single day. Give yourself a 3-5 pound buffer on either side of your goal and if it gets too high or low, start eating a bit more/less.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    When I'm menstruating, building lactic acid, etc. I was once weighed 9lbs. what I'm normally weighed in at. I still stuck to my diet, exercised, and the 9lbs melted off in day or two. You don't weigh yourself every day. You weigh yourself once a week.
  • Priscy3456
    Priscy3456 Posts: 13 Member
    I find myself gaining weight even though I'm trying to watch my calories. It's so depressing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    .5 is wonderful !
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    But is going over carbs and sugar ok as long as I'm in a deficit? Or will it cause me to gain weight?

Yes. It's okay, and you won't gain weight. However, use science to your advantage and don't be reckless. I didn't realize it before, but there exist lurkers here who see the mantra "CICO" and literally transition to a diet devoid of nutrition. So no, you won't get fat off of any amount of carbs and sugars as long as you stay within your budget, however this is not an excuse to have poptarts and potato chips for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perhaps reach for some fruits and vegetables (which have carbs/sugars too btw) for satiety and for the micros, but realize that it is perfectly okay to have other less nutritious food in moderation.