I'm the fat friend.

Options
leeanne_aquilina
leeanne_aquilina Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I was always the fat friend. Through high school and adulthood.
I stopped weighing myself at 110kgs. After loosing my job late January then I decided to get moving.
So I have now plataeud at 91kgs.
Im doing my own 30 day gym challenge. Todays day 15 and I really want to eat McDonalds and a massive slice of chocolate cake...
But Im not going to spoil my own progress.
Oh Im 40 and live in Wollongong NSW Australia

Replies

• Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Keep up the fight and the great work. We can motivate and support each other to be the "fit" friend
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking control of your destiny! And won't it be nice when you ARE the fit friend instead of the fat friend? Maybe you will make new and even better fit friends who share your goals.

If you can believe it, you can achieve it!

And just to add from my own perspective - McDonald's is really nasty non-food. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I had to get MY mind around the fact that eating that kind of crap was NOT what I wanted to put in my new healthy body. Once I did that I didn't crave it anymore at all. I started reading ingredients and nutritional information on fast food websites and did not like what I found. I used to eat KFC and Taco Bell and now I wouldn't go near those places. Educate yourself on good nutrition and you will change your mindset about what you want to eat.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was always the fat friend. Through high school and adulthood.
    I stopped weighing myself at 110kgs. After loosing my job late January then I decided to get moving.
    So I have now plataeud at 91kgs.
    Im doing my own 30 day gym challenge. Todays day 15 and I really want to eat McDonalds and a massive slice of chocolate cake...
    But Im not going to spoil my own progress.
    Oh Im 40 and live in Wollongong NSW Australia

keep up the great work and don't give up, as for the plateaus, you should know that weight loss is not a straight line, it sometimes stops, gets slowly, and sometimes goes fast..

First thing I would say is you miscalculate the calories you are taking, or you don't put into account that your NEW weight requires less calories than your before weight, so adjust your calories based on your weight

Second, your metabolism maybe has started to slow down, take a cheat meal and don't feel guilty about it, it will reverse the side effects of your weightloss hormones.

weightloss is all about calories in vs calories out in the end, but some other things can prevent this from happening. Goodluck
  • leeanne_aquilina
    leeanne_aquilina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.
    Im looking forward to Sunday Mothers Day charity fun run/walk. Its not a timed event so my unfit husband is able to join me. Im glad that he has decided to come along. With everyone being cheerful and excited Im hoping it will motivate him to be more active.

Im hoping that by July 23rd I'll be fit enough to attempt my first run. Its 11kms, again for charity but its a bit harder. As I've never been a runner this is a new challenge for me.