Journey to lose 50 pounds

Options
I'm a 24 year old mother of 3. I'm 5 foot 6 and weigh 186. I want to get down to 130 again.

I'm a survivor of physical and emotional abuse and turned to food to cope with the depression and lack of self confidence/worth. My father was a heavy man, 400 Pounds and as a result he always had high blood pressure and went unmedicated. Because of his poor diet he always had UTI and at 45 he was diagnosed with cancer as a result of constantly having infections. He died 5 months after being diagnosed.
I do think want my health to deteriorate like that and want to live a long healthy life and be around for my babies.
My addiction to food is my biggest problem. I have no issues with exercise, I love to dance and have been using it as my cardio.
I'm also a smoker and trying to quit. I'm hoping to I can overcome these addictions very soon.

Here goes!

Replies

• mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Im looking to drop 50 as well, injuries and depression laid me up for some time and it shows. Work hard and keep logging in, we can do this.

As for smoking, I have several relatives that smoked since they were in their teens, talking 50+ years smoking for some of them. Went on chantix and quit cold turkey. I was impressed. The dreams were suppose to be pretty intense but a worth while trade off if it works.

My friends that were heavy smokers went to ecig, got them off the cigs and they are working there way down in nic levels.

Either way, no question ditch them, awesome going hiking with my one friend and having him keep up, use to sweat and wheeze within a half mile of the parking spot.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the weight loss. Have you considered counselling or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to help with emotional eating?
  • emiliajm
    emiliajm Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You can do this!! At my heaviest I was 184 pounds and incredibly addicted to food. He addiction is hard to break, but with a good support system and strong will you can do this. Just remind yourself daily of why you are doing this: to live a long and healthy life for your children. You want to be a good role model for them and show them what a healthy relationship to food looks like.

Best of luck to you!! You got this
  • Breezerbri83
    Breezerbri83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    He'll there I'm in kinda of a situation,kinda. I'm 5'8 and 235. I have a 7 year old and am recovering from multiple spine surgeries. I've decided I NEED to make a change!! I would love to add you as a friend so we can add each other!!!
  • rickmanchristiana
    rickmanchristiana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    He'll there I'm in kinda of a situation,kinda. I'm 5'8 and 235. I have a 7 year old and am recovering from multiple spine surgeries. I've decided I NEED to make a change!! I would love to add you as a friend so we can add each other!!!

Yes definitely, I'd like that :) I have back problems too, herniated disk in my lower back. My core and back are incredibly weak from pregnancy and not working out and made it so much worse.
    I'd love to have a buddy in this.
  • rickmanchristiana
    rickmanchristiana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like counseling, but no insurance. I've always liked to talk about these kinds of things with people who are in the same boat or have been anyways.
  • BuggedBear
    BuggedBear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was abused as a child (I also have Tourettes and autism) and for me it has given me a lot of negative thought patterns that make it difficult to make healthy choices (lots of black and white all or nothing thinking and also a big fear that people are dangerous and may hurt me). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • banini999
    banini999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    gudluck honey.,.im always here if u need a friend...hugs for you