Body help

Options
Nicolahp
Nicolahp Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Getting Started
Hi All,

So i'm new to this app (i've had it for over a year and not used it until now)
Anyway, i'm not sure if you would call it a spare tyre as such, but my 'Stomach' looks like it is split into two, going out under my boobs then in at the belly button and back out again.This has been like this for as long as i can remember, even when i was 12/13 years old and weighed much less than i do now. i have lost weight in the past and it has never disappeared or flattened, now i've gone back up weightwise it is still there and has really got me down, as there are so many clothes i cant wear because it is visiable.
So i guess i'm writing this post because i would like to know if anyone has had the same problem as me and found a way to 'turn it' into one stomach, i feel like the only way is surgery after i have lost the weight.

It might help if i posted a photo too. I'm 23, by the way
Thanks x

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah a photo would help. Not really sure what you are talking about.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a double belly roll and in the past you've never lost enough weight to get rid of it.

If that is the preferred place for your body to store fat, you'll have to get lean for it to go away. Outside of that, something like Cool-sculpting might get rid of some of the fat cells in that specific area but I'd just focus on getting lean, maybe take up lifting.
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    we need ur weight, height, age, photos see whats going on with ur situation. mamy people say they have a stomach problem or a butt problem or a thigh problem or whatever. 99% of them r just over weight problem or too much fat problem. we all have problem area(s) where fat like to collect when we r over weight n they r the last to go when we want to lose weight but everything is just a too-much-fat problem. post some person stats or just set up a@MFP profile to start losing weight until ur stomach starts to grow smaller. good luck!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch has this too. She calls it the B belly. I think she's had moderate success getting it flatter at lower BF.
  • Nicolahp
    Options
    a8c805ty4xdp.jpg
    3nbh32k53vsg.jpg

Heres two photos from different angles, though i'm not sure it'll work because i had to post it from a laptop .
    I'm 23, and the last time i weighed myself which was a few hours ago at the end of the day, it was 12st 13lbs, and i'm rougly 5ft 5. When i worked out my BMI on the NHS website it said i was obese, which is obviously really bad, especially at my age because i don't want to gain any more weight.
  • Nicolahp
    Options
    I also don't wear my trousers this low either, but if i post a photo with how i normally wear them then you wouldn't be able to tell as much. I cant actually beleive i've just posted a photo like this online! x
  • beanz744
    edited May 2017
    Options
    were u a lot heavier before n lose a lot of weight recently? r u doing any exercise right now or recently or ever?
  • Nicolahp
    Options
    Not really, at school i was around 9st then i think it went up to 11st. I'm not sure what i was after that but my boyfriend said i had lost a lot of weight at one point, and i think i did looking back at photos from when i was 16/17. I did some exercise a few months ago, i have some weights and a step aerobic which i used to use but then i got out of it . But as a child i used to go swimming once a week with my family then an extra day in the week with the school, so maybe when that stopped thats when it crept up, because i was around 9 then
  • beanz744
    edited May 2017
    Options
    thank u for post ur photos coz i know its kind of arkward to show photos of youself to strangers. judging from ur photos, u "look" like someone who has lose tons of weight (like over 50) with loose skin hanging on ur body. if u grew up with all those loose skin on ur body near the mid section then i think u do have some sort of skin condition (so u DO have a mid section problem). ive help many people lose weight but i have never a case similar to yours so what i m saying is that i probably dont have the exact answer for u other than

1. set up a MFP profile to lose weight (fat) because u probably have at least 10 to 15 ibs of extra fat on u.
    2. u need to start doing exercise 3 times a week not only to lose fat but to see.if it will help ur loose skin condition.
    3. consult ur doctor now and/or later to see what he or she can do. since u lose most of the fat n if the extra skin is still there then u might look at a medical solution.

consult ur doctor n lets see what.losing fat n exercising can do for u. good luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch has this too. She calls it the B belly. I think she's had moderate success getting it flatter at lower BF.

Thanks for remembering my B belly :)
    Wish it was my svelt girl like figure.

I will post in a while. I need to get pics and they are on my old phone.

Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring the call out.

Cheers, h.
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere it is possible for people to store more fat in certain areas of their body, for some its thighs, hips is another... booty and back are others. I'm male and even when I was at my fittest i couldn't rid myself of the lower ab and love handle fat and I hate it lol.

What's your diet like? Do you like takeout or fast foods? Do you cook for yourself at home? Count calories/macros?

In any case a calorie deficit would help. Pay attention to the type of food you ingest and how much. Ideally you want anything NOT processed, avoid sugars as much as possible.

Like another poster suggested take up weights and hit the gym. I go to the gym as well and pardon me for saying but I see women that are obviously larger than you and I find them attractive. Maybe its because they have taken control of their health...
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should alter your diet by eating more liter on the stomach foods, portions, and altering your time of consumption frame. Genetics and stress can also be considered, however clothing and clothing fit can also; when the abdomen develops over the belt line it's often from the shaping over time of leggings and stabilizers being too tight for a period of time.
  • annapage38
    annapage38 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should alter your diet by eating more liter on the stomach foods, portions, and altering your time of consumption frame. Genetics and stress can also be considered, however clothing and clothing fit can also; when the abdomen develops over the belt line it's often from the shaping over time of leggings and stabilizers being too tight for a period of time.

Don't worry about the type of foods you eat nor the time - they'r both fitness myths. As long as you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight :)

Don't stress about how you look - everyone is different and everyone stores their excess fat differently. Once you lose that fat you shouldn't have the shape you do now.

Don't stress :) xXx
  • yoherbs421
    Options

Don't worry about the type of foods you eat nor the time - they'r both fitness myths. As long as you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight :)

Yep. After most of my research people say its diet that loses fat moreso than exercise. I would pay attention to both.

Just dont go all Morgan Spurlock and eat low calorie McDonalds everyday. Diet matters. Eat clean and eat less. Avoid processed food and simple sugars those are the main culprits. Eat more thermogenic (metabolism booster). Avoid high GI foods, they spike an insulin response that signals your body to store fat. If you really want to lose weight seriously consider what you eat and how much. The MFP helps you track macros (carbs, protein, fat) as well as other types of fats minerals and nutrients. The MFP app is really useful for this. I am more aware of whats in my body from the types of foods I eat.

Diet matters. Don't expect to eat low calorie cupcakes and ice cream all day on a deficit and lose weight. You will lose weight but most likely skeletal muscle because you ingest low to no protein so Yes, diet absolutely matters.
  • yoherbs421
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One last tip, when you eat clean you can eat more giving yourself a feeling of satiety. One author even claims you can stuff yourself by eating one-ingredient foods (non-processed foods) and you would not gain. Try to understand the importance of clean eating. I even get my daughter to avoid high sugar, processed food by feeding her what I like, shes coming around to it lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    OP please don't buy into most of what the previous poster said. The Greek yogurt I just had for breakfast was processed. That doesn't make it void of nutrients. Sugar is not the enemy. Specific foods don't boost your metabolism. Unless you have specific health issues, high or low GI doesn't matter.

Eat food within your calorie goal that meets your nutritional goals and that you like. Full stop.
  • yoherbs421
    Options
    That greek yogurt most likely has some sort of unneeded bulking agent such as rice or tapioca starch. Your body will process and store that quicker than anything, and starch is hardest to mobilze aka burn and lose. If you want yogurt try plain yogurt it has no BS additives. If you want real nutrients look into veggies, or even multi-vitamins.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yoherbs421 wrote: »
    That greek yogurt most likely has some sort of unneeded bulking agent such as rice or tapioca starch. Your body will process and store that quicker than anything, and starch is hardest to mobilze aka burn and lose. If you want yogurt try plain yogurt it has no BS additives. If you want real nutrients look into veggies, or even multi-vitamins.

Erm... my Greek yogurt contains:

Milk
    Cream (21%)
    and the yogurt cultures necessary to make a yogurt.

No where on that list is a bulking agent...

Furthermore, if you're in a calorie deficit, there is no net storage of fat, regardless where the energy comes from. Starches and carbs don't make you fat. Eating too much of anything makes you fat.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @Nicolahp

Sadly, I have the exact same problem. I have a double spare tire around my middle. The lower one is slowly going down as I lose weight and the upper one is starting to frown and hang over my belly button. I firmly believe that losing weight with a sensible deficit (currently I lose about 2lbs per month) and resistance training will eventually help me lose that frowning spare tire over my belly button.

I'm curious to hear back from @middlehaitch as I'm really really really hoping that I can be victorious against that 'B belly'.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As long as you maintain a calorie deficit (don't exceed the number of calories you need to exist) you can lose weight. Check your MFP dash board under goals to see what that would be for your age, gender, height and weight.

For me as a 187+ lb 5'6" woman (last November weight), that calorie deficit is 1400 calories per day to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week. That is also my "maintenance" calories. I didn't want to lose too fast because as an older woman, my skin is not as elastic as it once was and I was trying to minimize a dramatic weight loss. If you have a lot to lose, my recommendation go slowly to minimize excess hanging skin. I am not trying to get down to a certain size / weight that I wouldn't be able to maintain long term. I am merely restricting calories and watching to see how it goes.

My weight at last weigh in was 157 lbs.

I include some very nutrient dense foods (a protein shake* for breakfast and a "blended" meal for lunch along with some mushrooms and mixed greens along with some Greek yogurt and shredded coconut) to assist with supporting collagen and muscle maintenance. The added fat in these meals keep me from being hungry and are within my calorie limit.

For the idea behind blended meals, see this website for details: http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

Many people think that you have to make many life-style changes all at once and in my opinion, that is not sustainable. As a former over weight person, who got that gradually due to aging, stress and slowing metabolism and menopause, the thought of exercising made me nervous because just walking more than a quarter mile would make me sick. I fiddled around with eating the same and just reducing calories and I was "hangry" (hungry and angry) and couldn't imagine "dieting" as a way of life.

After several months of fits and starts and no results I kind of fell into Paleo / Keto (high protein / fat with low, low sugar and carbs) and I cannot imagine not eating this way pretty much forever. I am not hungry. I seem to be able to stay within my nutrition / calorie goals and I FEEL better.

No aches, pains and I have lost almost 40 lbs almost without trying. (And, I am not always strict about eating no carbs -- I still occasionally allow myself some of the things that I like, {{{FRENCH FRIES}}} - just not more than once a week)

I have a six pack! All of the abdominal fat is G-O-N-E!!!

I encourage you to look at food differently by thinking about high protein/fat/fiber and low carbs/sugar meal planning (Paleo or Ketogenic).

See this website for a list: http://paleoiq.com/best-paleo-diet-blogs/

Right out of the gate, just work on making small sustainable incremental changes. For example start with changing out what you eat for breakfast for a filling protein shake. (If you add rice bran and psyllium husk it will stay with you longer and you won't be very hungry.)

Incorporate healthy fat snacks - I love peanut butter. I also love a square of coconut cream with a piece of dark chocolate.

You will be more likely to be able to build on these small successes and make long term sustainable gains.

I would love to help -- just let me know!