Need advice about how to keep the goal for me 1350 calories per day

Options
If you are working 7 hours per day and have to study for your master too...how can I be focused at the 1350 calories that I have to eat?

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    set aside mealtimes to prevent mindless snacking.

For me I need good hefty meals to keep me satisfied a bunch of snack eaten at once doesn't work, but a proper balance of carbs proteins etc. in a sitting does. I fill up on vegetables. You can wait until your next mealtime to eat.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you are working 7 hours per day and have to study for your master too...how can I be focused at the 1350 calories that I have to eat?

If you're working 7 hours a day and studying too, get busy doing that.... You'll have no time to think about food or being hungry!
  • christinaki89
    christinaki89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you I wil do it but my problem is that my metabolism is awful and I am like two weeks on a new healthy eating way and I can't see new results stuck on the same weight
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina

First, what is your weekly weight loss goal? Often times people automatically go for the maximum 2 lb per week, thinking faster is better (because we all want the weight off yesterday), but unless you have a lot to lose, 1 lb per week will give you a higher calorie allowance and make life a lot easier. Slow and steady wins this race!

Next, whilst you can eat anything and lose weight so long as you're at a calorie deficit, you're going to get more bang for your buck from filling, nutrient dense foods. You can try playing around with your macros a bit to see what you find most satiating, everyone is different, for some people it's carbs, some it's fats, some it's protein. I'm a protein and fats girl myself. Veggies are obviously a really good low cal way to fill up, with the added benefit of fibre and lots of micronutrients (all those vitamins and trace minerals our bodies need).

Meal and snack planning will also likely be useful for you. I know when I'm uber busy the last thing I want to do is have to decide what's for dinner on the fly.

And remember, you can get some extra cals from exercise. Even a half hour walk (which is also good for your busy brain!) will give you a bit more to play with :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you I wil do it but my problem is that my metabolism is awful and I am like two weeks on a new healthy eating way and I can't see new results stuck on the same weight

Noones metabolism is 'awful' (there is the odd exception of course) - you just think yours is because you are more sedentary right now. At least its not a long term thing. When we move more we increase our metabolism. If we add muscle we increase it more as well.

To eat 1350 you have to eat filling meals - plenty of protein/fat/fibre will keep you fuller for longer. Pre plan your meals ahead of time so you're not reaching for quick fixes.

p.s 2 weeks is too soon to expect change, keep on going and you will reap the rewards :smile:

All the best.
  • christinaki89
    Options

If you're working 7 hours a day and studying too, get busy doing that.... You'll have no time to think about food or being hungry!

Well because you are working you are burning more calories and if you are reading too you get hungry faster,..I want to stop that feeling but it's difficult
  • christinaki89
    Options

Noones metabolism is 'awful' (there is the odd exception of course) - you just think yours is because you are more sedentary right now. At least its not a long term thing. When we move more we increase our metabolism. If we add muscle we increase it more as well.

To eat 1350 you have to eat filling meals - plenty of protein/fat/fibre will keep you fuller for longer. Pre plan your meals ahead of time so you're not reaching for quick fixes.

p.s 2 weeks is too soon to expect change, keep on going and you will reap the rewards :smile:

All the best.

All the best.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Hi Christina

First, what is your weekly weight loss goal? Often times people automatically go for the maximum 2 lb per week, thinking faster is better (because we all want the weight off yesterday), but unless you have a lot to lose, 1 lb per week will give you a higher calorie allowance and make life a lot easier. Slow and steady wins this race!

Next, whilst you can eat anything and lose weight so long as you're at a calorie deficit, you're going to get more bang for your buck from filling, nutrient dense foods. You can try playing around with your macros a bit to see what you find most satiating, everyone is different, for some people it's carbs, some it's fats, some it's protein. I'm a protein and fats girl myself. Veggies are obviously a really good low cal way to fill up, with the added benefit of fibre and lots of micronutrients (all those vitamins and trace minerals our bodies need).

Meal and snack planning will also likely be useful for you. I know when I'm uber busy the last thing I want to do is have to decide what's for dinner on the fly.

And remember, you can get some extra cals from exercise. Even a half hour walk (which is also good for your busy brain!) will give you a bit more to play with :)
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Hi Christina

Thank you so much for the advice and support...well I am not like some who think can loose 10 Kg in one month I want like half a kg per 2 weeks so I can eat,be healthy without strict diets etc and have energy too...I am not on vacations to do like detox weeks etc I am working -studying and if you have stress too you all know how it is...but I am not losing my motivation thank you all ;)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Well because you are working you are burning more calories and if you are reading too you get hungry faster,..I want to stop that feeling but it's difficult

I tend to munch on cut veggies (carrots, cucumbers, celery, etc.) when I'm studying and always make sure I have a hot (unsweetened) tea or plain water within reach. I found that my hands sometimes get bored when my brain is focused on whatever I'm studying. So having something low cal within reach tends to help. Also, I think better with a tea in my hands. My former boss always laughed at me - then promptly brought me my cup of Earl Grey to help solve whatever problem she put before me.

Planing your meals and prepping in advance also helps (spend 1-2 hours on Sunday afternoon getting your food ready for the week). If you have things ready (or almost ready) to eat when you reach meal times, you're less likely to reach for whatever and explode your budget.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    We get hungry no matter what we're doing, busy or not its normal so try and drink more water between meals, that really does help. If you're eating 3 good filling meals and perhaps some fruit or nuts (sparingly) as snacks you will eventually get used to eating less.

As someone above already mentioned, how aggressive is your loss set to? set it to 1lb per week instead of 2 for one thing that would give you more calories to work with. Think long term loss rather than quick fix.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

.... I don't have that problem! If I have plenty to do (work, study) I can forget about food. I only get hungry when I'm bored and have nothing to do.
  • christinaki89
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

I tend to munch on cut veggies (carrots, cucumbers, celery, etc.) when I'm studying and always make sure I have a hot (unsweetened) tea or plain water within reach. I found that my hands sometimes get bored when my brain is focused on whatever I'm studying. So having something low cal within reach tends to help. Also, I think better with a tea in my hands. My former boss always laughed at me - then promptly brought me my cup of Earl Grey to help solve whatever problem she put before me.

Planing your meals and prepping in advance also helps (spend 1-2 hours on Sunday afternoon getting your food ready for the week). If you have things ready (or almost ready) to eat when you reach meal times, you're less likely to reach for whatever and explode your budget.

Thank you very much for the advice I will try it too...let's see :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Have meals with bulk but not high calorie content. Such as 4-6 ounces of lean meat that is baked or grilled, 2-3 servings of veggies, and a smaller portion of starchy carb. This pattern can put a lot of food into 250-350 calories.

Preplan/prelog so you know what to expect for the day. Such as for today, I have blocked 500 calories for dinner even though I have not figured out the calorie content of what I'm having. I'm doing a new recipe, so I don't know the exact amount my portion will be, but I know I can eat a decent amount of food for 500 calories. That way, I can fill in other meals and snacks and not arrive at dinner and find all my calories 'spent'.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Couple of things you could try - eating low calorie meals with more content. Example - I don't want to eat many calories at lunch so I eat a HUGE salad almost every day.

You could also try intermittent fasting. Look it up. It may help.