How many lbs a week do you lose?

Options
I started at 186 and now I'm 175. 1 lb a week is my avg. I'm glad it's going down but feels slow.

Replies

• BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I may not see a loss for a couple weeks. I'm set at .5 per week since I'm 5'2 and don't have much to lose.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Average across the 25 weeks I've been doing this is a 1lb per week, it may feel slow, but it's a good rate to be losing at. There are period of 4-5 weeks where I've seen very little movement, but if you stick at it and log accurately it will come off. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am losing about 2lbs per week right now. I am going to (try) and keep it that way for another 20lbs and then slow it down a bit. I have quite a bit to lose at this point so I feel like 2 lbs right now is good for me.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started at 188.8 in Feb and this morning reached 170.6 lb... losing between 1 and 1.2 lb per week... When I hit 160 I'll consider slowing that to 0.5-0.8 lb per week... Final target is 145 (Normal BMI) (I'm 5'4")
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My average is 3.6 pounds per week, but there were some weeks where I would loose less than a pound or a little over a pound, and other weeks where I lost a little over 6 pounds. I can run into the same issue as BurlzGettingFit where I'll stay at the same weight, or it might even go up slightly, for a week to 10 days, and then I'll start dropping again. Don't let a week or two of not shedding weight discourage you, because it'll most likely happen.

My results are what they are because my diet and exercise routine is extreme, so please don't look at my results and wonder why you're not seeing the same thing.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Depends on the individual and your eating/exercising habits. Over time you will notice a trend. You didn't gain it all real quick so you aren't going to lose it real quick. Plus the more you have to lose the more you lose at a time is what I've been told. I have about 25 lbs to lose and it creeps off slowly to the point it's caused me to give up a few times.
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I aimed for 1 pound but on average I lost 1.5 pounds a week.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 185 to 173 since January. It averages to .66 pounds per week. It's so slow but I only want to lose about 15 more so I'm ok with it. I'd be happier if I could break into the 160s soon though. My goal right now is to stay strong this summer!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I am averaging 1.8lbs a week.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I started at 186 and now I'm 175. 1 lb a week is my avg. I'm glad it's going down but feels slow.

I pound a week is completely normal and healthy. Since you're not terribly overweight, you wouldn't want to lose much more than a pound a week. (Morbidly obese people can lose more) Slow and steady is the best way for weight loss :smile:
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I had 35+ pounds to lose, I was at 1.5lbs/week. Now I'm down to 1lbs/week. It does feel slow but slow and steady wins the race!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Im losing about 1.9 lbs per week right now. However, since I started weighing daily I notice that I go about a week where I only see a .5 loss and then the next week I lose 3 lbs.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    About 2lb a week thou i only seem to drop weight every other week

I started at 387lb and am down to 249lb
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I lost 5-6 pounds a week but at well over 300 pounds, I was also morbidly obese. Now, at 185 pounds and almost "done", I am losing 1 pound per week.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    1 - 1.5 usually. Some weeks are lower, but that's the general trend for me right now!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I average about 1.25lbs/week according to Happy Scale. 1lb a week is a GREAT loss. I know it feels slow, but losing 1lb/week is 26lbs in 6 months. The time will pass whether you lose or not, so may as well keep on losing even "a little"
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    0.5 pounds a week I only have 14 pounds to lose, and this rate is pretty healthy for me.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    From 330 to 240 I was a bit over 2 per week. Now I'm aiming for 1.5.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Im losing about 1.9 lbs per week right now. However, since I started weighing daily I notice that I go about a week where I only see a .5 loss and then the next week I lose 3 lbs.

Me too!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I lose less than a lb a week.