80 lbs down but my face looks like a road map!

Ekk! I have lost 80 lbs. slowly and reasonably. Still more to loose, but what is happening to my face is discouraging. I always had beautiful skin and now it is horribly wrinkled and getting worse as I continue to lose fat from my upper body, where I don't need to so much and the lower body is hanging on to it like a dog with a bone. I look in the mirror and am horrified! Have spent tons of money on creams, machines, etc. really can't afford (nor desire) a face lift, but it makes it difficult to continue the hard work of dieting when the results are this. Unfortunately, I am a woman over 60 so time will not take care of it. Does anyone have suggestions for something they have actually used or done that might give me even a little improvement . I am realistic about what I might see as change.

Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    47, lost 60 and in same boat. I too do not want the face lift route and been trying everything natural. Keeping self hydrated helps, cutting back on alcohol helps, I use argon oil and coconut oil for moisturizer and do self face massages every day.
  • SallyBarneyMangan
    SallyBarneyMangan Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks ladies! Quests I am impatient. It is hard to watch your body becoming almost worse looking but the benefits are worth it.
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    After I lost about 55 pounds at age 44 after being overweight for 20 years I was shocked by how old I looked. But then the last time I had been so thin I was in my 20s - kinda unrealistic to think I'd look like that again. Haha! My neck looked the worst but over the past several months the skin has tightened some. I'm 46 now. I don't look like I'm in my 20s but that's okay. Losing weight isn't easy on the body. I looked like I'd been through a war afterwards for a while. I don't have any tips to make the process go faster other than to eat well, stay hydrated, and get plenty of sleep. Oils might help but I haven't tried them. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    I saw a procedure nonsurgical on TV that claims to tighten skin Without surgery, you should Google different procedures. Best of care and congratulations on your hard won success.
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    It's a type of laser skin tightening
  • Hello_Fit
    Hello_Fit Posts: 1 Member
    I'm very early in the weight loss stage, so I don't have personal history with this. But I've seen other wrinkle at first when losing weight, then it does get better. Also, facial exercises definitely help! Just Google them or search YouTube.