how soon did it take for someone to notice you to loose weight?

Options
Someone said it looks like I've lost weight

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    About 10 weeks (excluding friends who just said it to be polite).
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Generally when it's 10% lost
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose, how you dress, whether they know you're losing (and thus are looking for it), etc.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    People who knew I was trying to lose weight noticed around 15lbs which was about 10% of my bodyweight. I am not sure if they were just being polite or if they really saw a difference. I have lost about 23lbs total and I have had 3 people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight comment on my weightloss.

• Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It took me over a year to lose 30 pounds. I started in January, 2016. In the last month or so, I have had several people comment on my weight loss. I had a few comments along the way, but I think now it finally shows. I would like to lose another ten pounds, but for now this 30 pound weight loss has a made a big difference to me. I feel and look much better.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 30lbs before someone said anything. I was REALLY overweight though so it took a while before I stopped looking fat.
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    From other threads I have seen, between 10% and 15% of starting body weight.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    After I dropped around 20 pounds people at work noticed.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Last year when I lost some weight I had people tell me but my husband told them I was trying to lose weight so I figured they were just saying it to be nice or conversate :D:D

I have to lose a good 20-25 lbs before anyone notices it on me though because I have less to lose and I'm very petite in height.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Met a buddy who claims to have lost 30 lbs. I couldn't tell. He still looks north of 350. I don't think people noticed me at 30 lbs either (330 to 300). Probably another month after that so ~45 lbs.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs and no one has noticed...except my boyfriend who knows I've been trying and is insanely supportive so I don't count that. Last night his roommate made a comment that he had lost 13lbs after being sick and I smirked considering he hasn't said a word to me about my loss. But I see him every week. I also am wearing the same clothes though which I think is a reason why. But either way, I feel amazing.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    25 lbs for someone I hadn't told. I should mention that I started 134 lbs away from goal.
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    at 20-25lbs my family & close friends noticed, but no one else so far. I still have 80lbs to go though.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" so people started noticing around the 10-15 lb mark. It started with a lot of "I haven't seen you wear that in a while" then it kind of started clicking as to why.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    at 20-25lbs my family & close friends noticed, but no one else so far. I still have 80lbs to go though.

Good luck it's possible I've done it
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Even if people notice, many won't say anything unless they are a close friend. Your co-workers may be wary of commenting on your appearance, even if it's a compliment.

In my experience, the people who commented were ones who I see very rarely. I lost weight slowly, so it was not as obvious to the people I see every day. Even my husband, who knew I was losing weight, didn't react much to it until he saw a photo of me from a year ago and said "Holy crap, you lost a lot of weight!"
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My mom noticed at 10 to 15 pounds everyone else was after I lost enough to need some new clothes. When I started wearing the new clothes the loss showed more.
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    at 350# it took about 50 before it was noticed.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've lost 17#, but that's only 8%, and so far no one has noticed. I think that it's noticeable, but that's just because my clothes fit much better and I went down a size in pants. May goal is 60 pounds, so I'm a little less than a third of the way there.