I need pizza!

Options
I am looking for some recipes for pizza but not wanting to use all my carbs for the day to have a slice or two. Anyone have suggestions on the type of pizza crust I can use/make?

Replies

• rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i use english muffins and make my own in the oven. I just broil them until the cheese melts and the muffin looks crunchy.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This is a quick recipe for 1 large pizza or 2-3 minis. You may want to only make 1/2 for a smaller portion.

Pizza Crust:
    1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
    1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
    1 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
    2 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat is healthiest!)

Dissolve the yeast in the water
    Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix
    Dump onto a floured surface
    Knead into a smooth dough (five minutes or so)
    Add toppings
    Bake at 450 degrees F. on a pan or pizza stone for around 12-15 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use the Flatout bread (I prefer the light Italian herb one), just bake for a few minutes (5-7), then put on your toppings, and bake again until the cheese is melted.

~~Veronica
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I looooove mini-pizzas on an English muffin. I slice the muffin in half so it's even thinner. Makes it really crispy and cuts calories and carbs.
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pita Pizzas are always good! Or maybe try bagel thins.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Not sure the carb content but the calories are reasonable. I split open a piece of pita bread (so that I have 2 circles) and spray with cooking spray. Then I cook at 400° for about 6 minutes. I take it out, add 2 TBSP of spaghetti sauce, 3 TBSP of fat free cottage cheese and whatever veggies (peppers, olives, onions) to each half of the pita. Then I place back in oven and continue to chookat 400° got another 9 - 11 minutes. Yummmmm :)

It's usually around 150/ little pizza

^ cook at* not chookat
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    i use english muffins and make my own in the oven. I just broil them until the cheese melts and the muffin looks crunchy.

This works the BEST for me. The craving goes away, I'm fully, and happy!
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I usually use whole wheat tortillas as crust- for low, low carbs though you should search the threads for "meatza". I think it's a paleo thing!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some recipes for pizza but not wanting to use all my carbs for the day to have a slice or two. Anyone have suggestions on the type of pizza crust I can use/make?

TORTILLA!!!

sauce. cheese, veggies, meat. broil it. YUM.

or pita bread yumm
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I use Tortilla too. Totally yummy.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i have pizza almost every friday, which is my hiking day so i get a good burn amount to start with...i get a thin crust frozen one and even if i eat the whole thing ( it happens ) its about 880...but i have a light lunch and healthier snacks leading up to it
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

This :)
  • hotcheeto2005
    hotcheeto2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat Lean Cuisine pizzas. They are delicious, low cal (compared to regular pizza) and they fill u up. They satisfy my pizza cravings and I still loose weight :)