A Good Alcohol Drink For Diet?

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Tequila, Sprite Zero, splash of citrus. YUM.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 oz of bourbon. I actually measured and was thoroughly disappointed at how small it was :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    kayeroze wrote: »
    kayeroze wrote: »
    If you were to allocate say 300 kcal for alcohol, you could have (approximately)
    - 2-2.5 beers (personally prefer darker beers)
    - 2-3 diet vodka sodas with lime (depends on #oz) or any other similar diet soda + liqueur drink
    - 4 shots of hard liqueur

Depending on your threshold, it won't get you drunk (except the shots), but you can enjoy yourself.

Since zero calorie soda has ... zero calories.. why would mixing it with the shot of vodka reduce the number of shots of vodka that fit within 300 calories?

It depends on the number of vodka oz's. There is a difference in calories between 1.5 oz and 3. At 1.5 oz you're looking at around 100 kcal for the drink and at 3 oz you're looking at 200ish. How it's made affects how many drinks you can have.

Where can I find this bartender that does a 3 oz pour by default?

I dunno, but I think s/he has a crush on you.
  • sarahleslie1983
    sarahleslie1983 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sweet Tea Vodka!!?? Sounds so good! Does anyone know if this is available in Canada? I just googled it and only ones I could find were in the US only.

pmastro724 wrote: »
    Sweet Tea Vodka with either water or unsweetened iced tea and a lemon wedge. Keeps the hangover away too! Haha

Yes!! This is my go-to lately: Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka with Unsweetened Iced Tea but I ADD a shot of 1800 Coconut Tequila :wink: which add to the calories - but it taste sooo good!

• esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go by a calorie deficit per week, much lower calories during the week to indulge on Fridays. I like to go out, my Friday diary has a lot of craft beer. Still losing .5-1 lb per week. Sure, I could have lost weight faster by cutting out alcohol but for me that wouldn't be sustainable, and really not that much fun.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of margaritas today. I don't care about the calories.

Try this!!!!
    Rim a glass with lime juice and roll in some Tajin seasoning (it is with the Hispanic foods at the grocery store)
    Fill with ice
    1 - 1.5 oz good tequila
    4-6 oz Club soda (depends on the size of your glass)
    1/2 packet of True Lime Limeade mix (whole packet has 10 calories)
    Stir gently and serve with a lime wedge
  • CriQue312
    CriQue312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tequila 2 oz
    Nellie & Joe's key west lime juice (not sweetened) 1.5 to 2 oz
    Stevia Clear 2 to 3 squirts (about 40-60 drops)
    20-30 oz Water (or lemon lime unsweetened seltzer)
  • CriQue312
    CriQue312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    CriQue312 wrote: »
    Tequila 2 oz
    Nellie & Joe's key west lime juice (not sweetened) 1.5 to 2 oz
    Stevia Clear 2 to 3 squirts (about 40-60 drops)
    20-30 oz Water (or lemon lime unsweetened seltzer)

Make sure you use silver tequila, any brand. The silver helps avoid that pepper flavor.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I stick to light beers or vodka/rum with Sprite Zero or ginger ale. Sometimes with a splash of OJ.
  • JIVERZ
    JIVERZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vodka & Diet Coke
    Gin & Slimline tonic
    Rum & Diet Coke
    Whiskey
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hudrator wrote: »
    red wine + cola

OK, this is just wrong! ;-)
  • sandy1340
    sandy1340 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have little imput as I add some workouts to compensate a cocktail or two. Just depends on if it is a glass of wine after work or if I am going out and drinking spirits. BTW I need some more friends on here, feel free to add me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    No alcohol is best for a diet. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and NO nutritional value.

^^This - totally.
    Alcohol is pretty much the most calorie dense thing to consume and provides your body with nothing else besides those calories.
    If you are trying to lose weight, the whole point is to consume less calories. Alcoholic drinks are the least effective way to achieve this.
    The only truth is that some types are far worse than others, but there is no such thing as a good alcoholic drink for dieting.

Let's not forget the food consumed after a few drinks to soak up the alcohol. That'll add a few hundred more kcal into the mix.

food doesnt soak up alcohol. alcohol will be processed before food. but the extra food will result in more calories.
  • vikinglander
    Options
    Sweet Tea Vodka with either water or unsweetened iced tea and a lemon wedge. Keeps the hangover away too! Haha

A few summers ago I developed this:

Fill a blender with ice cubes. Fill it 3/4 of the way with coconut water. Fill it the rest of the way with a GOOD tequila. Add the juice of one lime and a Tbsp or two of agave nectar. Zip it up into a Slurpee-like consistency. Pour into glasses. Remove clothing. Drink responsibly.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    To my knowledge, it goes like this: clear liquor is best for you (in terms of how quickly it leaves your body, in terms of bang for your buck [buzz vs. calories]), then dry wines, then sweet wines, then beer, then craft beer. I hate it, because craft beer IS LIFE. But it's like the worst thing for dieting and for hangovers.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    No alcohol is best for a diet. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and NO nutritional value.

then how did I lose 50 pounds and keep it off while drinking alcohol???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    my new favorite is diet ginger beer and vodka....or diet ginger beer and rum
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Recently discovered Woodruff Reserve Bourbon. Tulip scotch tasting glass, ice cube, fill to top of cube - sip. 70cal.

yummy.
  • vikinglander
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    Recently discovered Woodruff Reserve Bourbon. Tulip scotch tasting glass, ice cube, fill to top of cube - sip. 70cal.

yummy.

WoodFORD Reserve...
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm having coffee with 2 oz of an Atkins French Vanilla protein shake and about 1/2 oz of Torani sugar-free hazelnut syrup and 2 oz of vodka. Haven't mathed out the calories yet, but it's pretty tasty.