need recipes

Options
I am tired of eating the same old thing all the time..
My husband and I are both picky eaters and on an extremely low budget...
Any suggestions of healthy/cheap meals?

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am a ranch fanatic...I found a low fat version that I absolutely love...but it may not be up your alley.

low fat cottage cheese with Ranch dressing dry mix...use with carrots or whatever you love using ranch dressing with. Its thicker, but you can run it through a processor to thin it up.

I got the recipe from this site...
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    skinnytaste.com!!! GREAT web site~
  • Mimigwen01
    Options
    I'm looking for some great ideas too!

I found some really good Ground Turkey recipes at www.allrecipes.com!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've found some really nice ideas on this site:

http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking/budget_cooking
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com!!! GREAT web site~

^^^THIS! I just found that website and I'm in love with it. So many awesome and easy meals on there!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    stir fry is always good. even teh prepackaged ones just throw in you fav meat.

spaghetti squash and your favorite sauce.

Rachael Rays Salsa Stoup just skip the quesodillas or make smaller ones and weigh your cheese

I have bought the biggest loser cooking magizines byt the check out stand a likr lots of those recipies espically the hoison pork chops.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    go to the library and check out some healthy cookbooks and find some new stuff. I do this a couple of times a year when I feel that I'm eating the same old stuff all the time.
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely try www.skinnytaste.com. This lady blogs about her favorite meals and then experiments on ways to lighten them up. She also includes portion amounts, weight watcher points, calories, fat grams, etc for each recipe. I've been trying them all out for a week now and I love them.
  • erica_turner88
    Options
    I found two YouTube gurus I like. Fitnesscoach2007 and leanbodylifestyle. Their foods arebyummy and vet nutritious
  • slambyr
    slambyr Posts: 8
    Options
    Talapia!!! YUM!
    Cook it in a pan, steam it, or grill it.
    MY FAV!!!
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I do chicken breast pieces(3-4oz) brown in pan. In separate pan add 1 tsp of sesame oil and peppers and onions. Add 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce., Combine and serve with 1/2 cup of brown rice. You can use how much ever peppers and onions as they have very little calories.

beef and broccoli basically the same way just substitute the chicken with beef and the peppers and onions with broccoli.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/

They may sound expensive, but they're not. My family of three spends $200-$300/month on groceries eating these foods.
  • jenwin81
    jenwin81 Posts: 7
    Options
    Rocco Dispirito's Now Eat This! is one of the best recipe books I have ever bought!!

Also Now Eat This! Diet is great!!