Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Drinking tea is a better choice

Options
124»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Taste is subjective. I hate the taste of tea AND coffee. I'll stick to water and diet soda.

Blasphemer!

Oh, I was shunned last week for hating on Nutella. I already know how horrible a person I am!
    Taste is subjective. I hate the taste of tea AND coffee. I'll stick to water and diet soda.

Blasphemer!

Oh, I was shunned last week for hating on Nutella. I already know how horrible a person I am!

Dante left out circles of Hell for people like you. Oh the horror!
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of water and I go through phases where I also drink a lot of different hot/cold tea. I never sweeten it and can't imagine doing so.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Blasphemer!

I seriously hope for you you don't also hate peanut butter.... Imagine the horror around these parts...

(Says the girl who hates peanut butter)
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like my tea with raspberry vodka.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

Blasphemer!

I think nutella is disgusting.

I like tea - cold or hot, but never sweet - and agree with the quoted post... begin the shunning!
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Blasphemer!

I hate the stuff, too! It's overly sweet and just . . . . ick.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Blasphemer!

I seriously hope for you you don't also hate peanut butter.... Imagine the horror around these parts...

Oops - I hate peanut butter, too . . . . My mom loves to tell people about how I was such a weird child that I refused to eat it. That, and processed cheese slices/ kraft cheese. Even as a kid, I never ate those. I ate a lot of jelly sandwiches . . . and was overweight by the time I was 10.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Blasphemer!

Oops - I hate peanut butter, too . . . . My mom loves to tell people about how I was such a weird child that I refused to eat it. That, and processed cheese slices/ kraft cheese. Even as a kid, I never ate those. I ate a lot of jelly sandwiches . . . and was overweight by the time I was 10.

That is not cheese. Not even close. Totally understand that you would hate it :tongue:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I enjoy drinking tea whether I'm trying to lose weight or not. Tea (real tea) is fairly acidic though and can cause stomach problems in some people, especially on an empty stomach.

Hijack warning! My grandson enjoys drinking tea with me when he visits, and we make tea from teabags (because I'm not wasting expensive golden dragon tea on a 4 year old who puts ice cubes in his cup). Last Sunday he wanted to know what was in the teabags so we cut one open. Um, black powder. I ended up making some "real" tea in a glass cup so he could watch the leaves unfold. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be settling for the cheap stuff from now on :/ /end hijack. Carry on.

When I said real tea I wasn't referring to good or expensive tea vs. crappy tea. I meant actual tea leaves vs. some type of herbal or other tea that doesn't contain any tea leaves.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I enjoy drinking tea whether I'm trying to lose weight or not. Tea (real tea) is fairly acidic though and can cause stomach problems in some people, especially on an empty stomach.

Hijack warning! My grandson enjoys drinking tea with me when he visits, and we make tea from teabags (because I'm not wasting expensive golden dragon tea on a 4 year old who puts ice cubes in his cup). Last Sunday he wanted to know what was in the teabags so we cut one open. Um, black powder. I ended up making some "real" tea in a glass cup so he could watch the leaves unfold. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be settling for the cheap stuff from now on :/ /end hijack. Carry on.

When I said real tea I wasn't referring to good or expensive tea vs. crappy tea. I meant actual tea leaves vs. some type of herbal or other tea that doesn't contain any tea leaves.

Ah gottcha! Didn't pick up on that.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I was a coffee heavy-drinker 6-8 cups a day. I cut it in half by adopting green tea. It almost failed until I discovered Lipton Green Tea with either citrus or orange aroma.