Net carbs

Options
Hello :) does anyone know if there's any way on this app to calculate net carbs?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No, because very few places include fiber in their carb counts. Just subtract the fiber manually.
  • beverlylgrant
    beverlylgrant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm counting net carbs as well...just logged 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and MFP says it's 116 carbs! I don't think so! Any thoughts?
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can count carbs in one column and fiber in the next! That's what I've been doing. No net carb options, but it's pretty easy to subtract them when they're side by side =)
    @beverlylgrant 116 carbs? I don't think so. Try a different entry? The one I have is (I think) maybe one carb apiece
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm counting net carbs as well...just logged 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and MFP says it's 116 carbs! I don't think so! Any thoughts?

You've found a bad entry. Most entries are user added and many are wrong.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily mfp group has some instructions in their launch pad for using net carbs I believe. I've never done it. I just show fibre and hope it is high in relation to my carbs.
  • mollycanine
    mollycanine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    when you look for items in the food list, enter net carb after the item, such as, brown rice net carb. there usually is an entry that already has the correct net carbs calculated (carbs less fiber). If not, you can always add the item yourself. I always check to make sure it's correct though, before I add the item, already listed, to my own food list, though.
  • beverlylgrant
    beverlylgrant Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You've found a bad entry. Most entries are user added and many are wrong.

Oh gotcha thank you!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I subtract the fiber column from the carbs column and put my net carb total for the day in the "notes" section.
  • nichellelee2002
    nichellelee2002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This feature already exists and it works, I've been using it for months. Just follow directions o:}
    https://www.ruled.me/carb-tracking-for-keto-diet/