Food Intake

randilt7
randilt7 Posts: 3 Member
Hello ~ I am new to the app and have populated my food intake. Can someone tell me
where I can find a chart or info on what I should be expected to take in (carbs vs protein vs fats)?
RLT

Replies

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    in the app for iPhone, when you are in your diary scroll all the way to the bottom and click on nutrition then you can look at your nutrients, calories and macros (different tabs at the top)

I hope this helps :)
  • randilt7
    Thank you for responding and info. :)
  • randilt7
    Under Nutrition it breaks down total carbs, protein and fats by gram and states goal. How is the app calculating the goal.
  • clark59j_99
    clark59j_99 Posts: 21 Member
    I can't remember what they initially start you at, but if you want to adjust them look under the tab with your current goals. It will let you change them to whatever you want.

https://shapescale.com/blog/health/nutrition/calculate-macronutrient-ratio/

I'm not sure if this website is complete BS or not, but they seem to know what they are talking about. It can at least give you a good place to start and then play around with them if you are still feeling hungry. Upping the amount of protein or fats seems to help most people, while others feel more satiated with higher carbs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    randilt7 wrote: »
    Under Nutrition it breaks down total carbs, protein and fats by gram and states goal. How is the app calculating the goal.

Your macros are set by mfp as 50% carbs, 30%fat, 20% protein based on the calorie goal you set.