i am so scared :(

Options
okay long story short. I missed my period for about two months now. I've been dieting for six months. I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I always make sure i'm eating enough, and I've searched it up online for reasons this might happen and I got that it may be because of exercise (which i do six days a week and 40 minutes long), or it might also mean im not eating enough...which shouldn't be the case but idk. And well, im too scared/embarrased to tell anyone. and no im not pregnant. I'm scared that i might not be eating enough even though i'm always around my calorie total. has anyone else experienced this or is just really really bad?what foods induce a period? for those who experienced this...did you ever get ur period back?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh, and what is your calorie goal?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Have you seen a doctor about this?
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh, and what is your calorie goal?

120 and calorie goal 1200
  • ashliedelgado
    Options
    Ok... how tall are you, and how much weight are you trying to lose? And second to @malibu927's question, have you seen your doctor?
  • syousaf571
    Options
    Ok... how tall are you, and how much weight are you trying to lose? And second to @malibu927's question, have you seen your doctor?

5 feet. and no i havent seen my doctor.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »

5 feet. and no i havent seen my doctor.

Set an appointment ASAP so they can figure out what's wrong
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    SarahFromWalthamForest Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Early menopause?
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    (Cross posted)
    If you are between 5'0" and 5'7", 120 is in the healthy BMI range. If there was any fat to lose, your setting should be at 1/2 lb per week, no more. If you are 5'4" or taller, I wouldn't advise cutting calories at all. You could build muscle and maintain your weight, which would decrease fat over time.
  • ashliedelgado
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, make an appointment to see your doctor. The people on these boards are quite knowledgeable, but do not make up for medical training.

To answer your question though, if it is under eating, I have heard that women resume monthly cycles once they stop being so restrictive. But you really need to see your doctor.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you opened your diary we could advise you a bit better on whether you are eating too little. But you should talk this over with your doctor in case there is some thing else causing it other than your diet and exercise.
  • syousaf571
    Options
    Perhaps if you opened your diary we could advise you a bit better on whether you are eating too little. But you should talk this over with your doctor in case there is some thing else causing it other than your diet and exercise.

how do i open my diary
  • dhausam
    dhausam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It could be the diet. Are you counting in extra calories for the exercise? If not, you are probably not getting enough.

There are any number of things that can cause this; it's really important to see a doctor for it. And don't worry; if it is your diet, you can simply adjust, and that should right things. If you are not getting enough, it will cause you more problems the longer you go, so better to know now!
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I second the comment about seeing a doctor honestly this is not something to hold off. Good luck!!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    1. See your doctor
    2. You don't specify but with your exercise, I don't think 1200 total calories is enough. Net, maybe. Using a quick TDEE calculator, (25 y/o female, 5'0", 120 lbs, "moderate exercise") 1600 calories would be a small deficit.
    3. See your doctor.
  • manderson27
    Options
    how do i open my diary[/quote]

Go to settings
    Click Diary Settings
    Click Public

Than anyone can take a look. You can always make it private again later.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I lost my period when I was consuming 1300, was in a healthy weight range, and was not eating enough FAT. What is your fat intake? Once I went back to maintenance it came back.

I did lose mine this year as well though, but I've been maintaining. Doc says I'm fine, but definitely worth going. I'm going to have hormone levels checked. Make sure you do that and get an ultrasound.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Also, while you are opening your diary and looking at your macros....try to calm down a little. We miss periods sometimes, and yes you should see a doctor, but added stress does not help. One time I was so stressed about not having my period...I went to a yoga class and BOOM, I literally had it by the end of class. Relax friend!
  • manderson27
    Options
    Yes bbell1985 is quite right please don't stress yourself too much. There are a lot of things that can effect our hormone levels and cause us to miss our periods.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Sorry I keep posting in pieces.

OP, you've been on 1200 for 6 months? Seriously take 2 maintenance weeks. I bet it'll come back. Low calories can do a number on your hormones, especially for extended periods of time when you aren't very overweight.