new and looking to be improved!

Options
Hi, my name is Grace and I'm from Queens, New York. I am a 29 year old professor, and also a PhD student. I got married to my amazing husband recently and we want to start a family sooner than later but I know I need to lose some serious weight first.

I just joined the site today and have already written my first (brutally, painfully honest) blog post. I am hopeful that the community here can help to provide me with the support I know I need. Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Replies

• ashleyjmorgan
    ashleyjmorgan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Grace - welcome :) I'm actually not active on the posts, however you seemed friendly enough and I really should get into this part of the site! I have been using myfitnesspal for just about a month now and have gone from 159 lbs to 146 lbs already. It, combined with changing a lot of my diet to vegan/vegetarian options (although I do still eat meat one or two times a week), has drastically changed my life.

I would love to help and provide support, especially if you have any questions about putting more greens, veggies and meatless meals into your diet.

I also co-run a vegetarian/vegan blog with my best friend http://vegontherun.wordpress.com/, in case you'd like to know more about me and how I've been eating. I started with a very gentle detox, which really changed my perspective on food...

I look forward to speaking with you more!
  • UsuallyJustATshirt
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Great to meet you :)

I was a vegetarian for 3 years, but have been eating meat for about 4 years now. I will def check out your blog!
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    Hya feel free to add x