Water drinking NSV

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
I've just started drinking water in the past month or 6 weeks. I've always been a soda person and before MFP would consume up to 3, 32oz Mt Dews a day or the same amount of Diet Coke. When I learned how many calories I was getting from the dew, I switched to Diet Coke only. I still will have a coffee or Diet coke first thing in the AM but the rest of the day is just water..

So my NSV- I realized today that I have drank our entire office water cooler jug in less than a week!

Replies

• hellhammer
    hellhammer Posts: 45
    Options
    youre on the right way and if i was you i would aslo cut on the diet coke aspartame studies show that it can be really toxic!! keep up the good work slack down the coke :)
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    I always feel so much better when I drink water. Way to go!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking my diet coke and now I make myself iced tea for my afternoon drink. lol ;) I do have the occasional diet soda, but it's not an everyday thing anymore. Love my water!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!
    So now that your company has to replenish the water more often, have they noticed that their water bill has gone up because of all the flushing you do now and all the toilet paper you are going through?

My hubby gives me a hard time about that all the time.

Kim :)
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Amanda, I am EXACTLY the same way!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Water is SO good for you!
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    That's great! I need to work on my water intake!
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    Yea Mt. Dew is like one of the worst sodas on the market... I don't like water with meals because it washes away taste, but there's other flavored drinks like Tropicana Light Lemonade and Berry that are 10-15cal/8oz serving. I actually waste a lot of money on water because I still buy 2.5gal jugs and can almost polish 3 of them off a week... need to buy a water cooler STAT!

That's awesome you cut out the soda though. That's over a thousand calories a DAY you cut out, just in drinks.. I bet you noticed the effects that decision =)
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    Yea Mt. Dew is like one of the worst sodas on the market... I don't like water with meals because it washes away taste, but there's other flavored drinks like Tropicana Light Lemonade and Berry that are 10-15cal/8oz serving. I actually waste a lot of money on water because I still buy 2.5gal jugs and can almost polish 3 of them off a week... need to buy a water cooler STAT!

That's awesome you cut out the soda though. That's over a thousand calories a DAY you cut out, just in drinks.. I bet you noticed the effects that decision =)

I was easily consuming more in Mt Dew in one day than I do here in net daily now.. I think I can thank that decision for at least 15 of the 30 I've lost..
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    I said something to my boss today when I noticed It was time to change the jug again but didn't want her to realize that I've probably doubled that contract price! HAHA.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Keep up the good work!
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good work on dropping the dew and on the water! I quit sodas, juice and everything cold turkey! I have only had water for the last 2 weeks! you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!