Blood Type Diet

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I prefer the astrology diet. The blood type diet has me eating things that I don't like and in some cases digest poorly. At least the astrology diet tells me as per my sign I should do my own thing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AB+, can't donate, don't believe in the blood type diet as its a bunch of woo

Me too! And I donate so frequently, consider it made up for.

I don't know what the diet reccommends for us, but my diet includes loads of salmon, cashews, pop tarts and string cheese. Am I doing it right?

For your entertainment:
    Type AB reflects the mixed inheritance of their A and B genes. According to Dr. D’Adamo, “Type AB has Type A’s low stomach acid, however, they also have Type B’s adaptation to meats. Therefore, you lack enough stomach acid to metabolize them efficiently and the meat you eat tends to get stored as fat. Because type AB has both the A and the B blood type antigens, foods that contain chemicals called lectins are more likely to react with the tissues and cells of type AB than any of the other blood types.

Type AB should avoid caffeine and alcohol, especially when you’re in stressful situations. Dr. D’Adamo recommends that Type AB focus on foods such as tofu, seafood, dairy and green vegetables if you are trying to lose weight. “Avoid all smoked or cured meats. These foods can cause stomach cancer in people with low levels of stomach acid,” recommends Dr. D’Adamo. There is a wide variety of seafood for Type AB, and it is an excellent source of protein for Type AB. A few highly beneficial fish are mahi-mahi, red snapper, salmon, sardines, and tuna.. Some dairy is also beneficial for Type AB – especially cultured dairy such as Yogurt and kefir.

Dr. D’Adamo also recommends smaller, more frequent meals, as they will counteract digestive problems caused by inadequate stomach acid and peptic enzymes. “Your stomach initiates the digestive process with a combination of digestive secretions, and the muscular contractions that mix food with them. When you have low levels of digestive secretions, food tends to stay in the stomach longer.” Explains D’Adamo. He also suggests that Type AB pay attention to combining certain foods. For example, you’ll digest and metabolize foods more efficiently if you avoid eating starches and proteins in the same meal.

Food list:
    http://www.sevenwellness.com/AB_Blood_Type.pdf
    Well, at least when someone sees you digging into a jar of peanut butter with a spoon, you could just tell them you're not being gluttonous, your're simply eating for your blood type.
  • wcs036
    wcs036 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

B-. I've had lots of success with it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    wcs036 wrote: »

In what way have you found it successful?
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well, if it works for you...I gave up on these types of diets years ago and I lost weight and got a healthy lifestyle the old fashioned way - eat at a calorie deficit and exercise. I am now trying to build my strength, and I'm basing that on legit info and not Bro Science.

With the exception of one or two people the old CICO method works for the vast majority - not sexy, or cool, but it works anything else - imho - is just helping someone sell books.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm type B too :) rare blood type here in my country :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I always forget what blood type I am, so does that mean I can eat anything? I'm actually A-, but for some reason I am convinced I'm really B-. Can't donate because I'm English living in the States and apparently I'm a mad cow.

Same thing here in Ireland, they are crying out for blood, but won't accept it from anyone who has spent more than 4 weeks in the UK. Despite the fact there is no way of knowing if you have CJD until your dead and can be autopsied, so the few cases where those who've received blood transfusions and have gone onto contract the disease could well have had it well before they had a transfusion. I personally think it's a little ridiculous.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I always forget what blood type I am, so does that mean I can eat anything? I'm actually A-, but for some reason I am convinced I'm really B-. Can't donate because I'm English living in the States and apparently I'm a mad cow.

Same thing here in Ireland, they are crying out for blood, but won't accept it from anyone who has spent more than 4 weeks in the UK. Despite the fact there is no way of knowing if you have CJD until your dead and can be autopsied, so the few cases where those who've received blood transfusions and have gone onto contract the disease could well have had it well before they had a transfusion. I personally think it's a little ridiculous.

Talk about ridiculous. LGBTers are all banned from donating blood here. While I understand that some of them may be at a higher risk than others, if they are screened appropriately it really shouldn't be a problem and those people desperately needing blood will thank them for having saved their lives.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Thanks for trying!

A+ here. Any many , many gallons donated.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

Thanks for trying!

A+ here. Any many , many gallons donated.

I keep asking if I can donate, but get turned down every time. It's sad because in the UK I donated gallons of blood, as well as plasma, platelets, and one on occasion I was also a match for a leukemia patient and donated bone marrow.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Talk about ridiculous. LGBTers are all banned from donating blood here. While I understand that some of them may be at a higher risk than others, if they are screened appropriately it really shouldn't be a problem and those people desperately needing blood will thank them for having saved their lives.

Actually, it's only men who have had sexual contact with other men (I practically have the questionnaire memorized)...or women who have had sexual contact with a man who has had sexual contact with another man. Good news! The government has relaxed this rule a bit. If you're a male in the above predicament but have been celibate for at least a year, you can donate once again! So, you have to choose between a romantic life or being a blood donor. *facepalm* I've done things that aren't covered by the questionnaire but maybe should be. Oh but it's all about stasticis, the government says. *shrug*
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

And you had lots of success following the O plan. I've had lots of success following the CI<CO plan.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    AB+, can't donate, don't believe in the blood type diet as its a bunch of woo

Me too! And I donate so frequently, consider it made up for.

I don't know what the diet reccommends for us, but my diet includes loads of salmon, cashews, pop tarts and string cheese. Am I doing it right?

For your entertainment:
    Type AB reflects the mixed inheritance of their A and B genes. According to Dr. D’Adamo, “Type AB has Type A’s low stomach acid, however, they also have Type B’s adaptation to meats. Therefore, you lack enough stomach acid to metabolize them efficiently and the meat you eat tends to get stored as fat. Because type AB has both the A and the B blood type antigens, foods that contain chemicals called lectins are more likely to react with the tissues and cells of type AB than any of the other blood types.

Type AB should avoid caffeine and alcohol, especially when you’re in stressful situations. Dr. D’Adamo recommends that Type AB focus on foods such as tofu, seafood, dairy and green vegetables if you are trying to lose weight. “Avoid all smoked or cured meats. These foods can cause stomach cancer in people with low levels of stomach acid,” recommends Dr. D’Adamo. There is a wide variety of seafood for Type AB, and it is an excellent source of protein for Type AB. A few highly beneficial fish are mahi-mahi, red snapper, salmon, sardines, and tuna.. Some dairy is also beneficial for Type AB – especially cultured dairy such as Yogurt and kefir.

Dr. D’Adamo also recommends smaller, more frequent meals, as they will counteract digestive problems caused by inadequate stomach acid and peptic enzymes. “Your stomach initiates the digestive process with a combination of digestive secretions, and the muscular contractions that mix food with them. When you have low levels of digestive secretions, food tends to stay in the stomach longer.” Explains D’Adamo. He also suggests that Type AB pay attention to combining certain foods. For example, you’ll digest and metabolize foods more efficiently if you avoid eating starches and proteins in the same meal.

Food list:
    http://www.sevenwellness.com/AB_Blood_Type.pdf
    Well, at least when someone sees you digging into a jar of peanut butter with a spoon, you could just tell them you're not being gluttonous, your're simply eating for your blood type.

Did you catch that that particular guy is shilling a certain MLM's products at the bottom of that list? Seriously, these crooks have no shame.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Actually, it's only men who have had sexual contact with other men (I practically have the questionnaire memorized)...or women who have had sexual contact with a man who has had sexual contact with another man. Good news! The government has relaxed this rule a bit. If you're a male in the above predicament but have been celibate for at least a year, you can donate once again! So, you have to choose between a romantic life or being a blood donor. *facepalm* I've done things that aren't covered by the questionnaire but maybe should be. Oh but it's all about stasticis, the government says. *shrug*

We really need to move out of the middle ages. The worst part is, that they're crying for blood! No matter what, there never seems to be enough. The media regularly make appeals for more donations and yet they make it nearly impossible for an entire segment of the population.

And I need to correct myself, the regulations will be the same around here as what you've listed above starting this summer. I was several years out of date with the guidelines (apologies for that).

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Let me guess......you are eating at a calorie deficit.

This is how ALL diets work. You can eat foods YOU choose or you can follow a random list in a book someone makes money from. The problem with random lists is they may not match your usual dietary habits. So when you get to goal you will need to a) follow the random list for many years to come OR b) start over & figure out what portions are for you usual everyday foods.