Tasty cottage cheese recipes anyone??

Options

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/fluffy-cottage-cheese-pancakes

There are "healthier" recipes out there, but these make actually good pancakes.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

-with frozen blueberries

-with pepper and parmesan cheese

-blended up with powdered peanut butter and sweetener and little Chocolate chips.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't know if you are open to a little sucralose (Splenda)??? If so, try splenda to taste, whip in food processor or with electric mixer until smooth, then add some pure lime juice and dab of vanilla. It's like key lime pie. Mix with spring fruits, like strawberries, and it makes a great fruit salad. This works with Greek Yogurt too. I have switched from cottage cheese to Greek yogurt, btw, since cottage cheese is so much higher in sodium. My BP was starting to creep up, and it's down now. I never thought about sodium levels in cottage cheese. I just thought "high protein, low fat", but the sodium was an issue for me.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat the little 200g tubs of cottage cheese as if it's yogurt. Either with chives and garlic (salt and pepper) or with cinnamon and vanilla and whatever 0 sugar sweetener I can tolerate the taste of.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    huruta22 wrote: »
    There's a lot of difference in taste between brands. I love organic valley whole milk cottage cheese. It is delicious even for those of us who don't love cottage cheese . It will set you back about $6 though (ugh). (No affiliation with company)

Completely agree!!! If you didn't like the one you initially tried, see if another brand is more to your liking - the difference can be huge! I don't really like Knudsen, and prefer Daisy brand, IMO large curd is better than small curd, if I can find it. It's delicious with black pepper and strawberries (yum!).

Black pepper and strawberries together? Or is that two separate ideas? Sounds intriguing...
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll second the suggestion of trying a different brand and/or curd-size... it's surprising how much that changes the taste. I also like that curd and liquid (is it actually whey?) are more distinct from one another in large curd.

I do not like national brands, as a rule. I like Kroger band the best.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favorite is with lots of pepper, and chopped green onion & cherub tomatoes. I also use spicy pico de Gallo in it a lot. Either way, the pepper is a must for me.
    Also, the best tasting brand in my opinion, is Oak Farms 4% milk fat. (Whole fat)
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    rye bread toasted with guacamole and a little salsa a poached egg on top and a little cottage cheese on top of that yummy breakfast
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can use the cottage cheese instead of cream cheese in the high protein low calorie cheesecake recipe.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    huruta22 wrote: »
    There's a lot of difference in taste between brands. I love organic valley whole milk cottage cheese. It is delicious even for those of us who don't love cottage cheese . It will set you back about $6 though (ugh). (No affiliation with company)

Completely agree!!! If you didn't like the one you initially tried, see if another brand is more to your liking - the difference can be huge! I don't really like Knudsen, and prefer Daisy brand, IMO large curd is better than small curd, if I can find it. It's delicious with black pepper and strawberries (yum!).

Black pepper and strawberries together? Or is that two separate ideas? Sounds intriguing...

@buffalogal42
    Black pepper and strawberries together! I discovered it by accident one day, when my cottage cheese was just a *little* too close to my eggs, and I was hooked. I also love cottage cheese and black pepper by itself :D.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    2% cottage cheese (my preference), pumpkin puree and a sliced banana. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle on some cinnamon...
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, but I can't stand it sweet, only savoury. Just a little salt and pepper is my usual way of eating it. But I also love it mixed with sauerkraut.
  • BopsMiller
    BopsMiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dice up some chives or green onion and mix it in. Then add some cherry tomatoes. Put bacon crumbles on top and it is sort of like a BLT without the lettuce.
  • kay_fitnessjourney
    kay_fitnessjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    2% cottage cheese (my preference), pumpkin puree and a sliced banana. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle on some cinnamon...

Sounds delish! All my favs in one...pumpkin, cinnamon and honey...Gotta try it. Thanks :)
  • strangethingsdone
    strangethingsdone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    treehills wrote: »
    on crackers with soup or eaten with eggs and bread?

Yesss, came here to say this! I eat cottage cheese with hot sauce and hard boiled eggs on crackers allllll the time for my meal I bring to work!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I'm definitely having to add this to my 'to try' list! I think I even still have some pumpkin purée frozen :smile:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I know it's weird but I love cottage cheese with a little A1 steak sauce on it.
  • Altess
    Altess Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Heinz 57 ,cottage cheese, on a baked potato!
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I hate it too but I will throw it into a smoothie to bulk up protein. Lately I've been mixing it with half a serving of trail mix, the nuts and dried fruit really help, or blueberries and cinnamon.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I like it with something like penzey's sunny Paris blend mixed in, and a serving of chips to scoop it out.