Sick and struggling!

Options
This is my first time posting on here. I've been dieting (Jenny Craig) since feb ish and have been doing well, down almost 10 kilos! But this week has been the worst! Sick as a dog, off work, struggling not to bored eat and can't go out and exercise. What do you do in times like these? Write the week off and start off fresh when your better? Please help motivate me, wouldn't mind some friends to keep me going!

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your loss!

When sick, it's better to eat at maintenance for a few days (until you're better) and take care of yourself. You need to be kind to your body while it's struggling against an illness or you risk prolonging said illness. You need to give your body the nutrient and energy it needs to fight off what ever bug you picked up.

Be kind to yourself. 1 week over the span of an entire life is negligible.

Good luck.
  • holliemaybe
    holliemaybe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, how many calories is required for maintenance exactly? I'm still really new to this whole thing and aside from knowing how many I need to consume for loss I'm completely clueless.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Under http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Select "sedentary" as your activity (you're not going to be moving much if you're sick).
    Select "maintain my current weight" under what is your goal.

This will give you a calorie estimate based on your stats on how much you need to eat to maintain your weight.

I usually try to stay just a smidgen under that number just because of logging errors.

Your weight might go up a bit. This is due to a combination of more food in your intestines and added water weight (often more food = more carbs and those cause added water weight).

Once you're feeling better, just go back to the page I've linked above, and select the suitable weight loss goal and simple return to business as usual.

Good luck and get well soon :smile:
  • holliemaybe
    holliemaybe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great thanks so much
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    you do nothing, you get better
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Rest, get plenty of fluids.
    Don't worry about diet and exercise so much until you feel better.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Also, after you are better, don't think about it as "starting over" - instead, you are just continuing your plan.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sleep as much as you can. If you're craving something, eat it. Drink some orange juice. Get better and start another day.