310...ugggh

Options
So how did it get this bad.
Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day I got out of the hospital after a breakdown. I was diagnosed with ptsd and major depression. Its been rough since I left. Some days are bad. Some days are really bad. I feel like my mood would improve if my health and body image changed. I'm looking for friends that can help motivate me when I'm having a bad day.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    You come to a wonderful place for support. I suggest browsing through the forms and reading all the wonderful stories. I wish you the best of luck.
  • graykitten225
    graykitten225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me and we can motivate each other! I'm just starting too and also struggle with depression (and anxiety.) It's definitely hard to overcome but having once been healthier than this I know how much it helps mental illness to have a healthy body!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Add me and we can motivate each other! I'm just starting too and also struggle with depression (and anxiety.) It's definitely hard to overcome but having once been healthier than this I know how much it helps mental illness to have a healthy body!

You can do it! I suffer from horrible anxiety and it's weird but my biggest battle was the gym. I hated every minute of it because I felt like at 281lbs I didn't belong....it's so hard to overcome but you CAN do it!
  • graykitten225
    graykitten225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

You can do it! I suffer from horrible anxiety and it's weird but my biggest battle was the gym. I hated every minute of it because I felt like at 281lbs I didn't belong....it's so hard to overcome but you CAN do it!

That's the hardest part for me. I hate being out at the gym. My apartment complex has a very nice gym but I always feel anxious there. I usually walk or workout inside. I keep telling myself when I'm smaller and don't feel so bad about myself that I'll use the gym.