Gallstones/pancreatis

Options
tonicia
tonicia Posts: 145 Member
After getting married my sister eats fast food or something equally bad for every single meal. She now has pancreatis and gallstones. They now even want to do surgery and remove her gallbladder and said she could have organ failure. That seems like a high price to pay. I want to help, but no clue how. Anybody familiar with these conditions?? I'd like to give her some tasty recipes that would be good for her so she strays from the fast food. Im not sure but I think her doctor said low fat/cholesterol?? Anybody have more info??

Also, unfortuneately she doesn't eat seafood.

Replies

• tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
  • Kicking
    Kicking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have had my gallbladder removed. The op took me a bit to get over. No idea what caused the gallstones (I wasn't over weight and eat healthy) but I was in agony and lost a lot of weight due to being unable to eat. Since having it removed I can no longer eat any fats. No crisps, bacon, anything fried, burgers or sausages. If I do my body rejects it and I'm very ill. Similar to food poisoning. This does not happen to everyone who has their Gallbladder removed but it is a possible side effect. Doesn't bother me too much as those foods are not really in my diet anyway but everyone likes a treat every now and then, have to find alternatives.HTH